Survey: How Do You GWC?

As GWC’s resident super-tech, I’m curious as to how our listeners catch our show each week. With all the awesome technology out there today, its become obvious that iTunes isn’t the only way to catch our ‘cast, and I’d like you to tell me about it. Do you Zune? Do you Blackberry? Do you (insert random podcast downloader I’m not aware of)? I want to know about it, so I can make sure you’re getting the best podcasting experience possible.

If you’d like to provide me your podcast procurement process, please take a moment to let us know via this poll (check all that apply), or, if you prefer, send me an email at juan (at) galacticwatercooler (dot) com.

Thanks, eh!

UPDATE: Zune Users, I want to hear from you. If you’re willing to help me with a small amount of testing, please send me an email. Once again, Thanks!

(And thanks, D’Arcy Norman, for the awesome CC-licensed photo.)

Boring old iTunes->iPhone here.

Most often it is from the iTunes (desktop). If I am out of the house when it drops I will try the iTunes Music Store (iPhone). If that doesn’t work then it is streaming from the website. Must have GWC ASAP! Is #248 out yet? :rolleyes:

Steam it usually unless I’m out or driving on a saturday/sunday and then I get it from the itunes store on my iPhone

iTunes (desktop) if not that dun werk…stream if from the blog page. :slight_smile:

I use my Android with BeyondPod software.

Generally speaking i use iTunes to sync to my iPhone which then plugs into my SUV while i’m traveling (which i do often).

The problem comes in when i’m gone over the weekend and want to listen to the latest cast on my way home. Generally i’ll try to stream the cast, which doesn’t work that great at times. If i lose signal (i’m on att it happens… often) or have to use the internet for something, this method doesn’t work well.

Does someone else have a solution for this? I’d love to be able to just go to the itunes store and download it that way, unfortunatly, att prohibits downloads over 20mb, which is rediculous… i’m betting there is a way to bypass that, but i haven’t researched it as of yet (though i do have a jail broken iPhone).

Any other solutions out there? I saw thei(Phone)OS Podcasting App choice, and would love more info on that. Maybe some intrepid gwc programmer could throw together a GWC app to help with this issue (i know the Instance did just that) heck, maybe even charge $1.99 to get it or somethign to help with expenses… just a thought :smiley: and any other suggestions for my particular situation would be most welcome

edit - I should mention that Arkansas is largely 3g’less and edge is very unreliable

ITunes -> Laptop -> iPhone -> Ears

Yea Mostly iPod Touch via iTunes. Mostly listen while i am driving and/or doing stuff around the house. Sometimes while at the gym and occasionally while playing video games.

'Net spiders specifically programmed to find anything GWC related encode the MP3 to organic nanobots. I inject the nanobots into my bloodstream and they travel to my ear canal. While the podcast plays a transcript is imprinted on my brain…Nah.

Direct Download from the Forum --> Blackberry

I have a subscription setup on iTunes (desktop) but typically I just download the 'cast directly to my phone via the iTunes Mobile App. However, when I first discovered the 'cast, I listened to it directly on the GWC website while at work. But i started to realize that i would miss a lot of the discussion while concentrating on whatever I was working on. Now, I listen to it on my commute. So, it ends up taking me a couple days to listen to an entire episode.

For the most times, I get the episodes in the classic iTunes Desktop way and transfer them to my iPod Nano. It’s more handy to listen to it there and not my iPod Touch.
But a few episodes I downloaded over the music store directly to my Touch when Wi-Fi was near and no Laptop in hand-reach.
To catch up with some old shows, I had to download the mp3s directly from the blog.

Is the iOS podcasting app, the streaming episodes on your iPhone/Touch?

I listen on my iPhone- in the car to and from work, at the gym, while cleaning the house. It takes me several days to listen to an entire podcast as well. I used to work an hour away from home, and would always listen in the car. Now I only work 15 minutes from home, so it takes much longer to get through a cast!

I just download the MP3 from the main site. It’s the way I’ve always done it.

desktop -> iTunes -> iPod Nano -> plug into auxiliary hook up in the car stereo -> listen on the commute.

I’m one of those that wouldn’t mind a 3 - 4 hours podcast. That way, I’ll have something to listen to during my commute for a whole week.

“YOU CAN DO IT!!!”

From iTunes on my desktop, to my iPod that I take to work.

Whoops. I saw ‘iPhone’ and clicked that, not realizing it was the podcasting app (not even sure what that is.)

thepiratebay.org

GWC Moderators make me so proud :wink:

I’ve always GWCed desktop iTunes downloaded to iPod.

But more recently I’m getting it directly to the iPad…which I guess means the iTumes Music store.

ITunes --> IPod Touch —> Ears.

I listen in the car whenever I drive anywhere and when I’m doing art so it takes me a while to get through a full 'cast