Stargate being treated better then BSG!

Hi i just read that Stargate Atlantis will not have to wait so long to air the rest of there season. Why is it that BSG has to wait so long? thats not fair!

I think Sci Fi likes Stargate Better then BSG! I like BSG better then Stargate, love stargate but I want my BSG!!!

i think BSG makes the sci-fi channel far too much money, and that’s why Skiffy is embargoing the episodes until next year. this way, the highest-rated program in the history of the Sci-Fi Channel will be airing its final episodes right around sweeps, enabling the channel to lock in huge advertising rates. it’s that simple. i know it’s painful, but life is pain. anyone who says differently is selling something.

Yep, Pretty much. Sci-Fi is milking BSG for all it’s worth just like the long wait last year between Season 3 and Season 4

Bastards!

As much as I don’t like it as a fan, I understand Skiffy’s scheduling decision in terms of a business move. They don’t want to premiere the show in the fall up against the networks’ new fall schedule (even though there’s a lot fewer new shows debuting in the fall than usual, what with the writer’s strike fallout) because any positive buzz would get lost in the noise of Fall Sweeps. They do, however, want key episodes to air during some sweeps season, so they can’t premiere it at an off-cycle time. Hence, they decided to premiere it at the same time a lot of cable networks premiere their new episodes, January, and hit February Sweeps. I suppose we just have to be grateful they didn’t decide to put it off 'til spring.

I read a quote from RDM soon after the strike ended to the effect that it would be impossible logistically - writing, filming, and Special-FXing the episodes - for them to be shown before the beginning of 09. They just finished filming a few weeks ago and have a whole lot of editing and there’s going to be at lest one big holy Moses battle at the end so Zoic’s going to be busy.

I think Stargate is cheaper, but has also managed to get its act together in a way that has been denied to BSG. From what I’ve seen of there effects, they’re cool but not as cutting edge as BSG. I guess BSG is just high maintenance.

Well, as a recovering former Stargate fan, I think it’s because Stargate fans are easy. They are like that kid in high school who were grateful to get any kind of action at all, that they are not complaining regardless of who they’re getting it from.

While Stargate fans were treated to some moments of brilliance, lovable characters, and many, many hours of enjoyment, they also grew accustomed to getting filler episodes and clip shows. Before BSG, there was nothing else to watch on skiffy, so I just sat there and watched yet another clip show episode, rather than watch fourth different skiffy original production movie about giant snakes or some crap like that.

Eventually, they became content to have the show regardless of what bulls**t it may have become. In return, skiffy put in less and less effort into the show, knowing the core audience will come along regardless of quality. In the end, it died an XFilean death, and no one really cared.

BSG is different. BSG is ending. So time is short, and we expect quality from the few remaining episode, and we will not put up with any crap. Even if it were not ending in 10 episode, BSG fans are too passionate to idly stand by while such quality deterioration occurs. Can you imagine, if they tried to do a clip show BSG episode, or an offshoot story arc like “Wormhole Extreme”? BSG fans will be screaming bloody murder!

So, I don’t mind that skiffy is giving Stargate fans new material while they keep us waiting until next April. I mean, we’re tougher to please, right? We are NOT just gonna be grateful to get any… We are discerning customers… we can be graceful, but anger us, and our vengence will be furious.

It’s also worth noting that Stargate was not effected by the writers strike. They are a total Canadian production that runs outside of Hollywood.

Here’s another Canadian production running outside of Hollywood.

//youtu.be/-jTBHZbZikg

talos, sweetie, you’re starting to scare me

Have no fear Shatner is here

Um, 'Talos, I think that scares me more than the video…:wink:

Be afraid. Be very afraid.

nah, here’s evil shatner

here’s drunk Shatner…

Psychedelic Shatner

That is frakin’ brilliant. Which contest was that in?

Mate an Album 5

I like the Beatles / Kiss stuff.

Native American Shatner

Caricature Shatner

See the Season Three epsisode, The Paradise Syndrome.