Stargate being treated better then BSG!

Impostor Shatner

Stargate isn’t getting treated better than BSG. The main reason is probably production issues like people have noted earlier. Also there will always be more Stargate. I believe at least one season of Atlantis, a third Stargate series, and possibly more SG-1 movies will be made.

I am Kirok!

Ah, back on topic.

Shat was fun.

Alrighty, I’ve never watched any Stargate incarnation. I always looked at it as the Star Trek surrogate. Then most of the actors that were out of work from the Star Trek series started popping up on Stargate. Now it is just a repository for all cancelled sci-fi series actors. I wonder if writers of said cancelled shows are working on Stargate also. I’ll have to check.

Anyway, it always seem like no frills sci-fi. Y’know, we can’t afford name brand so grab the Spunky peanut butter brand. Now, with Stargate in it’s I think 12th season, I don’t have a desire to go watch so many hours to get what? Is there a payoff? Are they amazing storylines? In other words, am I missing out?

Atlantis is a different show than SG-1. Like TNG, DS9 etc. If you are a sci-fi fan it’s worth your time especially SG-1 Seasons 1-7. Atlantis is really good too. Basically Stargate is Star Trek with more comedy IMO. One thing that I love about SG is that since they are based in a contemporary time they always have hilarious jokes and references to Star Trek and Star Wars. I always smile at the Ewok joke in SG-1’s 200th episode.

I’d have to agree with Tighfighter, seasons 1-7 of SG-1 are worth your time. Once you get passed season 7 it gets a lot more like Trek with hyper drives, beaming technology, and space battles. It has a lot of similar story lines and ideas to Star Trek and every other space opera/military scifi show, but it still feels different.

LOL! Dude, you win!

Glad you liked it. I got a whole bag of Shat where that came from.

Well, Stargate SG-1 is canceled, so they like BSG better than SG-1.

And it shows in the final production. BSG tends to visually look more like film than television… whereas Atlantis looks… well much more like sci-fi television

I’ve seen all of one episode of SG-1, the first. I hear it gets better later on, but that one was just plain bad. Bad writing, bad acting, pathetic gratuitous nudity. I was especially disappointed in the special effects when the movie was so good. And so much better.

The high point of the show was when I recognized a statue to be of Akhenaten. Yeah, I’m that big a history nerd.