Star Wars Ep.6: Return of the Jedi

Leading into our post-BSG-4.0 Star Wars podcast arc, we’re asking that everyone take a little time out sometime in the next few weeks to pull out their copies of the Star Wars movies and give 'em a re-watch.

Feel free to discuss here, and don’t be afraid to call in your Star Wars audio comments any time – we’ll queue 'em up for use in the appropriate podcast during the arc.

So, my seven-year-old is talking about Star Wars on the way home from school and my wife says, “Does someone want to watch Star Wars?” The response, “YEAAAHHH!!!”

I asked, “Which one?”

“The last one. The Jedi’s return. The one with the Emperor.”

“Return of the Jedi”

“Yeah that one.”

John Williams opening queues up and she starts jumping on the couch, “That’s what I love.”

I asked, “What?”

“THE MUSIC!”

How true is that? The music is about half the appeal of the saga.

As some of you may or may not know, 1138 is an inside joke for all the Star Wars films. Until recently there has been debates over where 1138 is in Episode VI. Last year it was revealed:

1138 is on the side of Boushh’s helmet.

If you haven’t already, before it’s too late and he retires, go see him conduct his music…I’ve seen him 5 or 6 times now, and a couple of those were very Star Wars heavy on songs…talk about getting chills, when you’re not grinning like a nut. And my oldest son got to shake his hand and get an autograph, what a night that was! When you watch the musicians, you can see the glee hovering over them when they do those songs!

That is an awesome story. You should call that one in.

This in response to the Ewok love shared in the EP. 1 thread.

YUB YUB!

Yay Ewok fans. The Ewoks hold a special place in my heart. I was a few months old when ROTJ came out. ROTJ was the first SW movie I remember watching. I was two years old when all my siblings, 1 oldest sister and 3 brothers, and myself came down with the chicken pox. Our family was an early adopter of cable TV. So, everyone was sick and home from school and there we were , all five us huddled on the couch transfixed on what was playing on the television. That moment, being surrounded by the love of my family as we shared in the excitement of A Galaxy Far Far Away is what began my life long passion for Star Wars. I think for me my love of Star Wars comes from that earliest memory of mine. The story is enthralling, but I think what I keep searching for in Star Wars is that moment in time when I had yet to learn of the world. That sense of unconditional love from my family. Every time I hear John Williams score just for a second I reach that place when the world was simple and safe and all I knew was the love of my family.

Holy Frack!!!
A piece a SW triva I had no idea about. Boushh, not THX 1138. :stuck_out_tongue:

Nice find.

What sux about it was that you can’t see it in the movie.I freeze-framed zoomed and such and no dice. It’s not on the left side of the helmet and the right side of the helmet isn’t filmed. I really wonder if this was an after thot. By any chance, do you know all the other THX-1138 references?

One other bit of geekdom, in the radio drama they replaced TK-421 with THX-1138.

The most well known use is in Ep.4 Luke says something like “Prisoner transfer from cell 1138.”

YUB YUB !

I hate the Ewok haters, Wicket is my ALL time fav Starwars charecter :smiley:

Check this page for a good laugh >> http://youtube.com/watch?v=Xdd0edT-BeE

Hehe, I know how can anyone hate those cute Ewok babies? I’ve seen that vid.

Another funny ewok related vid…
The Ewok Celebration Song

//youtu.be/IN62wqBdbxA

That was awesome, i never new the words. I always just made simular sounds. I actually just played this song at work and a few of the girls looked at me wierd. But because I had it on repeat, for an hour or two. They started singing and dancing along to it. The they seen the video. Now its like our fri night theme song.
B)

LMAO glad I could help the work night go by faster. Check this thread out for more Ewok words and phases… SW Language

That was awesome! Now those guys need to do the other “lost song” from Ep VI, “Lapti Nek.” <G>

I am no John Williams hater for sure – the music is awesome – but I do remember hearing that, when he was conductor of the Boston Pops, the orchestra grumbled a lot about the amount of time they had to spend playing “Star Wars,” “Superman” and “Indiana Jones” music.

As James T. Kirk says, “Too much of anything… isn’t a good thing!” :slight_smile:

I like return of the jedi because in it, Luke finally stops whining and becomes kind of a bad ass jedi. I like that Han has no confidence in his ability to rescue him and is proven wrong.

I kind of don’t like jedi because as Luke get’s cooler, Han get’s less cool.

Jedi is my favorite Star Wars movie bar none. I mean. It’s so frakkin good. Jabba and Ranchors and Ewoks beatin down the storm troopers. A-Wings and B-Wings kickin ass(Sorry barb). Mon Cal cruisers and super star destroyers. Epic light saber duel. Man I think I’m gonna watch Jedi tonight.

Jedi is definitely a great flick. Space battle was epic—cutting edge special effects. The light saber duel at the end was fantastic and also and epic feel.
When Vader taunts Luke re: Leia, and Luke starts totally beating Vader back across the floor, with the music rising: my favorite star wars scene ever. And so poignant. Luke finally wining against Vader and by wining he’s losing.

Hell yeah Mike!!! That’s one thing that pissed me off about the Special Editons. They got rid of Lapti Nek and the Ewok song.

//youtu.be/tCa7fR5zerU

Jedi is definitely a great flick. Space battle was epic—cutting edge special effects. The light saber duel at the end was fantastic and also and epic feel.
When Vader taunts Luke re: Leia, and Luke starts totally beating Vader back across the floor, with the music rising: my favorite star wars scene ever. And so poignant. Luke finally wining against Vader and by wining he’s losing.

I have to agree about the final duel. The music is my favorite theme. Also my fav. quote is this… Luke: "Your overconfidence is your weakness. Palpatine: “Your faith in your friends is yours.”

//youtu.be/UxvYpfWJn1o

Totally agree. Those may be my favorite lines too.