Star Wars Blu-rays

http://bluray.ign.com/articles/108/1084415p1.html

Once again George Lucas found another way to get that hard work money of yours.

Check the link, Director of Fan Relations Steve Sansweet is saying they are always finding new stuff to show us. Is he trying to say that all this special ultimate special feature are not plan?

Anyway, I’m not a hater and this is probably something I’m going to get to see these movie in HD but I’m curious to see your reaction about this re-re-re-re-re-release.

must buy now!

where is indiana jones on blu-ray?

If George Lucas still wants to play around with some of his old movies, why not make Willow-Special Edition. Who doesn’t want to see some high-def Brownies?

Be careful what you wish for. Jar Jar may make an appearance.

Plus afterwards, he may get delusions of grandeur and put out a Howard the Duck Special Edition…

I own 5 versions of the OT (Original VHS release, burned DVD of the THX release, Special Edition VHS, original theatrical DVD, updated SE DVDs), the VHS of TPM, and all three prequels on DVD. You’re damn straight I’m buying the Blu-Ray when it comes out. I’m not happy unless I have a different version of Star Wars for every day of the week.

Bah. Blu-ray Howard the Duck! Blu-ray Howard the Duck! Extra feather edition! :smiley:

I heard there’s an extended version of the kissing scene…

Nothing wrong with Howard The Duck that a little 3D makeover couldnt fix!

Speaking of Howard the Duck, look what i found in Costco the other day. If it were 2 dollars cheaper i would have picked it up

Mr Lucas could take you up on those word. :stuck_out_tongue:

My favorite movie is Blade Runner, and it has five versions. I watch all of them often. Im down with 5 versions of Star Wars.
If you give me an option of having more to chose form and less to chose from, Im almost always going to go with more.
If he went through and removed all humans and replaced them with CGI or muppets, it probably wouldnt be the best, but I am sure I would see it in the theatre and buy it on Blu-ray. (now that you mention it, sounds an awful lot like I need a 12 step program)

well i may be alone here but i’m not that interested, i mean most blue rays from old movies… well you see the make up; effects that cant stand up to HD. so i’d stick with the original trilogy on dvd. but i guess the second trilogy would do well in HD. guess well see if ILM is truly powered by magic after all. :slight_smile:

You’re not alone. I’m only interested in the extras. I wonder what they have dug up. It would only pique my interest if they were going to release the original Star Wars all cleaned up, etc. Han shoots first. raises black-gloved Jedi hand in solidarity

Didn’t they? I thought that Lucas released an ‘as seen in theaters the first time around’ edition.

Sort of. It wasn’t cleaned up, no anamorphic, no new sound mix. Basically VHS on DVD.

Yes. I own it.

Same here. I dunno f I’ll ever watch the movies if they aren’t airing on TV again. Just buying for the extras…again…

They did, but it was sub par. Not anamorphic among other issues.

Hive mind.

Yes, I own it too. After the Blu-ray, that’s gonna be the version I watch if I watch any.

next they are going to be converted into 3d, so another release is on the horizon after this one.

If true, I won’t be watching them. 3D movies are worthless unless they were intended to be 3D in the first place.

That said, ILM may have better luck converting the prequels than most studios since they were mostly green screen. They can just redo the surroundings from scratch (I’m guessing they never threw away the original cuts).

You know how in Fan Boys, they break into Skywalker Ranch to see ‘Phantom Menace’. I would break in and steal the original 35mm of Star Wars. And take it a bit further, kidnap George and force him to watch it pointing out why he shouldn’t have messed with it.

Would you change Casablanca? Would you change Wizard of Oz? Would you change Gone With the Wind? No. No, you wouldn’t.

Oh wait. How 'bout get all Clockwork Orange? Force his eyes open and dress him in a straitjacket. rubs hands and laughs menacing Yeah. I like that.

You are forgetting the colorization fad of the 90s. There was even a joke that Turner wanted to colorize the first 10 minutes of the Wizard of Oz. d: