Star Trek: Voyager 3x2 Flashback

Star Trek: Voyager
Tuesday, 16 April 2013
11 PM Eastern - 8 PM Pacific

“Structure. Logic. Function. Control. The structure cannot stand without a foundation. Logic is the foundation of function. Function is the essence of control. I am in control. I am in control.”

That beret is unfortunate

That flame was too big even before it burned Tuvok’s breakfast

Thank God the Elf is there to help him!.. :rolleyes:

As a Chef I always found Neelix’s kitchen grossly inadequate…

I’m just a home chef, but even when I was in grad school and was seriously limited for funds, equipment and space… yeah. So much better than that.

Not to mention the always unfortunate sartorial choices.

Vulcan Jenga??? :eek:

“Flashback” was Star Trek: Voyager’s tribute both to the films starring the cast of the original Star Trek series and to Star Trek’s 30th anniversary, recreating many scenes from the feature film Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country.

It’s so interesting to me, especially since I didn’t watch any of the series when they aired on TV in a systematic way (I’d catch TNG or DS9 on occasion with my Dad but it wasn’t something that we followed so much), since outside of that broadcast airing context the relationship to the 30th anniversary is not so obvious

I have to say I would never use Jenga to meditate…

So Kirk’s structure would look like a huge Phallus??

Maybe with a few flags thrown in for good measure

We stole countries with the cunning use of flags. Just sail around the world and stick a flag in. “I claim India for Britain!” They’re going “You can’t claim us, we live here! Five hundred million of us!” "Do you have a flag …? “What? We don’t need a flag, this is our home, you bastards” “No flag, No Country, You can’t have one! Those are the rules… that I just made up!..and I’m backing it up with this gun, that was lent to me from the National Rifle Association.” (I love Eddie Izzard)

Send him to ReKall, they can retreive the memory…:smiley:

According to George Takei, Tuvok actor Tim Russ made some changes to the script, immediately eliciting the writers to correct some discrepancies. (The Official Star Trek: Voyager Magazine, issue #9) Takei explained, “He made script changes that made Tuvok’s behavior consistent with Vulcan culture where the writers had been derelict. For example, the script suggested that Tuvok had had an affair with a non-Vulcan before his pon farr. He made sure that was corrected.” (Star Trek Monthly issue 22) Additionally, Russ inadvertently drove Brannon Braga to include more about Tuvok’s backstory in the episode than had originally been scripted, being particularly instrumental in the writing of what Tuvok says to Janeway while in his bunk aboard the Excelsior. “Initially that whole speech wasn’t in there, a page and a half of dialogue,” Russ revealed. “She asked me, ‘What made you come back to Starfleet?’ and [Braga] had written some line which really wasn’t consistent with Vulcan character. I said, ‘Brannon, the line itself doesn’t work.’ So I said, ‘Give him a real reason why he came back to Starfleet.’ I expected a paragraph, and I ended up getting a page and a half of dialogue. Things like that do make a difference.”

I suspect that were I an actor (I am not), I’d be a pain in the sorrybarb to the writers like Tim Russ :cool:

What? You don’t want Neelix to go in with you??.. :smiley:

older uniforms! fun!
SULU!

Oh my. /Takei

Janeway’s reaction shots are fun

Grace Lee Whitney! What a shame what happened to her… A dark stain on Star Trek’s history.

Tra la la… we’re off to confront the Klingons! Again!

I had heard most of it before but I didn’t realize the weight stuff - but from what I understand of the 60s… doctors were prescribing the stuff for weight loss! So terrible.