Star Trek: Voyager 3x2 Flashback

“They were a little slower to invoke the Prime Directive, and a little quicker to pull their phasers. Of course, the whole bunch of them would be booted out of Starfleet today.”

Indeed.

The explicit chat between Harry and Janeway is a fun way to note the differences between the time periods of Starfleet “history”

“George Takei was very impressed by how aware Russ was of the Star Trek canon, as the latter actor repeatedly reminded Takei of things he had done in TOS that he had forgotten about. “It was kind of an eerie feeling,” related Takei. “He’s very Vulcan in that respect.””

Goatee! Is his bunkmate from the mirror universe!?

Doesn’t that human realize that humor doesn’t translate?!

Captain Sulu, you clever, charming, lying liar, you!

KANG!

I thought weapons could not be fired during warp.

Shortly after he started to become involved with this episode, George Takei found that his captain’s costume from Star Trek VI no longer fit him. “It was funny, but they dragged out a costume that, they told me, was the same one I wore as Captain Sulu in the movie,” Takei recalled. “I tried to put it on and I was very shocked at the cheap material that they had used. The fabric had somehow shrunk. The pants didn’t fit!”

Ahem. No comment.

And now Janeway’s in the old-school uniform, too

“and I am pleased that I was part of it.”
Isn’t that part of nostalgia, Tuvok?

OK I do like how this ties into TOS :slight_smile:

We appear to have lost Badger, but thanks for joining us, Omra! If you’d like, next week we’ve got 2 more Voyager episodes :slight_smile:

It was fun revisiting that episode, thanks everyone…:slight_smile:

If my schedule allows, I will be here next week. Good Night.