Star Trek Online ... and Hi

I made Vice Admiral yesterday. But, I’m still flying the Assault Cruiser.

Did you enjoy Series 3?

Grats! I have three characters at VA, and another who just hit Captain.

I loved Series 3! I thought that it was well-designed and really fun. Slightly disappointed in the series reward, but other than that I thought it was excellent.

Is that the current series? I haven’t done the last ep yet. I did 4 of them last week, but only got rewards for the first. I redid Mine Enemy, Frozen and Coliseum to get rewards I should ave got the first time.

Thanks! I made a second character, but I’m not feeling him. So I might just use him as an Exchange alt.

Congrats! And there’s naught wrong with captaining the Assault Cruiser. I think it’s one of my favorites in the Cruiser line, and the extra Tac spot is great. Sucks it doesn’t have the slipstream drive, though.

Just curious, is there a GWC fleet? I’ve got one all my own, but most of my friends who used to play have since stopped. You’d all be welcome in Brannigan’s Law. But then, I believe these are promises I’ve made before…

Slipstream is tied to the VA rank, not any ship in particular. The Excelsior (Heavy Assault Cruiser) has 10 different Transwarps all over the place. High Diplomacy ranks can get you a few more Transwarps too.

Incidentally, I made a GWC chat channel a long time ago, but I’m the only one on it. LOL. It stretches across both STO & CO so we can chat across two different games. That’s halfway to a fleet/supergroup right there. And though I haven’t tried it myself, STO/CO chat channels are accessible outside the games through an XMP compatible IRC chat client. You might need an active Cryptic account to log into their chat servers though.

Awesome! They must have changed that (I haven’t farted around in an old ship for a while). It used to be you could only slipstream with the top-tier retrofit ships, regardless of your rank. And trust me, grinding out the diplomacy for the transwarps isn’t worth it. The jacket is worth it. That, and the Orion officer.

I’m in a Starfleet Academy fleet. Nice place to learn and help out.

I want the Heavy Assault Cruiser…

I just joined the GWC chat. I wish the channel would blink or get a * when a new post is made.

You’re obviously not being more of a douche.

Try telling that to the Romulans.

Here is my TOS Connie, the USS Pioneer, in its own Slipstream… not just for retrofits.

Anyone still playing this? Just started a new character a couple days ago (sci) since I had no idea what I was doing anymore with my tac character from 7 months ago.

I went back to EVE. I enjoyed STO for about a month, but stayed for two. The end game content was lacking for me. STO’s future is a bit murky with the Atari thing now too.

Plus, I never saw anyone in the GWC channel. ):

I’m enjoying it a lot more then I think I did pre deployment.

Seems a bit more solid game now though, I think today I’ll take my high level guy back to earth and see if I can’t figure out what to do with him.

Game may become a little to repetitive again but I’ll see. I just can’t bring myself to start EvE up again…much like my WoW days I got to a place too fast where I had my second and third computers running clients for various degrees of help.

I think it was the day I was in an EVE UNI blob fleet while my two laptops flew mining runs that I went…yeah…better stop now.

I’ve been mostly playing/exploring a lot Rift lately, but I’ve been having urges to get back in STO and play with the Foundry again. Wow… I’ve been feeling like I’m being pulled in 6 different directions with all the games I want to play at the same time.

And I do have a slight urge to go back and get some more rnk on my Tac captain… who actually is a captain atm.

how long ago was that? you do know that they are having weekly episodic content now (with over arcing story lines).

they are also going to redo the ground combat and the new style looks awesome.

I’m still on it. Have 3 feds all branches. My tac is the most advanced. He’s RA UH now. My sci and eng toons are cpts now. When they had the Q dbl pts weekend. I took my sci from ens to cpt in a few hrs. What a grind. Was fun though. I have been looking for people here. Never seem to see anyone. With the missions at RA. Could really use some help. The guild I’m in is pretty much nonexistent. I’m away from my laptop right now. Family in hospital this week. Hopefully they will get home soon. Want to go blast a few right now.

March-April.

I know they have stuff lined up, but I could go through episodes in a day or two. Not enough to justify me spending money for a whole month of subscription. I prefer space combat over ground. Just more fun for me. I finished some Foundry missions before my subscription ended. But the last 3-4 days of my subscription time, I didn’t even log in.

I’m mostly satisfied with the equipment I have on my ship. I grinded away at emblems for them.

Well I’ll be on as Kyle King@camelpope if anyone happens to see me say hi.

Doing some breen missions at the moment.