Star Trek Into Darkness - June 29, 2012...or perhaps May 17, 2013

the release date for Star trek 2…or Star Trek 12…

Cutting it close to the end of the world there. d:

Wait, when did MJ die?

Dear JJ,

Cut it out with the lens flares. We get it.

Thanx,
'talos

P.S. If Khan is anywhere near this, I will so Kirk yo arse.

you needed flares when you typed that…

just in my opinion, I like the revised Khan idea. It’s not nessecary…but cool nonetheless

It’d suck if they skipped ahead the 10-15 years from where then ended the first movie just so they could slot Khan into that. Remember folks, the new movie ended chronologically before even the pilot episode of the original series. There’s still all the stuff that happened in those eps plus another five year gap between them and Star Trek:The Motionless Picture, then however long it took until TWOK.

He can’t be all wrathy, anyhow, until he has his first encounter the Botany Bay. Botany Bay? Botany Bay! BOTANY BAY!

Actually was referring more to Space Seed than TWOK. Khan did appear in the first season of Trek. Plus, we’er looking at a new timeline, so they could run into Botany bay earlier…later…or not at all.

Again…not saying there HAS to be Khan. Just saying, not opposed to it and personally think it would be cool.

Plus, thanks to Spock Prime, Starfleet Command knows where Khan is right now.

You just made their whole campaign.

“This is Khan before WoK. He is more driven and focused. We wanted a villian that could match wits with James T Kirk and not blinded by vengence. It’s gonna be cool. Cuz I’m JJ. I’m cool.”

Yeah. It’s gonna happen. :frowning:

I don’t ask much. I’m pleading here, anything else. Space hippies. Spock’s Brain. Vaal. Anything. Just leave Khan alone.

Why, 'talos? Why are you being like this?

Because it’s been done. It’s one of the most popular things about Star Trek. And IMO, it’s lazy. I want JJ and crew to succeed. I do. I love Star Trek. I want them to amaze us. I want them to take us on an adventure. I want to boldly go where no one has gone before. I want to explore and break down cultural barriers. Expand the already incredible Star Trek universe.

Khan is an easy sell to the suits. Take the challenge, JJ. Take a risk.

Yeah. He’s not reading this. I know.

exacTly :frowning:

Here’s the latest -

Addressing the rumors that the next film will be a remake of The Wrath of Khan, Orci nipped the idea in the butt:

“We would never do a remake… it will be some time in the five-year mission. But that is a question. Should we pick them up immediately the next day or should it be later? We are still discussing that.”

Kurtzman adds that the villain will be the most important part of the sequel:

I think our idea on this is that the first of any series is about them coming together or the formation. I couldn’t really tell you what Jeff Bridges was doing in Iron Man, but it doesn’t matter at all because it is all about Iron Man becoming Iron Man. Whereas I think sequels are very much about the villain. Because while [in the first film] the villain serves to bring the crew together, the second one I think has to be a true challenging of what that family is about. That is why Wrath of Khan was so amazing. Khan tested each one of them and ultimately asked for the [ultimate] sacrifice, and that is why that movie held up so well.

…so we’ll see…

Slice of Scifi had a report that the baddies this time around will be the Gorn. I’m not sure how I feel about this.

I seriously doubt that.

Agreed–I know there was a joke about it - but that’s all it was

As long as it’s not Khan. As long as it’s not Khan. As long as it’s not Khan. As long as it’s not Khan. As long as it’s not Khan. 'talos in fetal position

Please. Oh Please. Oh Please. Oh Please.

I totally agree with you. Anything but Khan. I totally agree with you. Anything but Khan. I totally agree with you. Anything but Khan. I totally agree with you. Anything but Khan. I totally agree with you. Anything but Khan. I totally agree with you. Anything but Khan. I totally agree with you. Anything but Khan. I totally agree with you. Anything but Khan. I totally agree with you. Anything but Khan. I totally agree with you. Anything but Khan. Know what I’m sayin’?

So MORE Khan then? The whole movie…? No other Trek characters? Just call it Khan?

Sweet! :D:D

Sa dat again, and I’m iz gonna scratch urz eyes out!! :smiley:

ROFL!! Man…

Just finished watching Star Trek VI. It occurred to me that the Romulans were always B villians plotting behind Klingons and what not… Except for Tasha Yar’s daughter and a few ToS eps, they’ve never really been the main villains. We’ve seen more Cardasians than Romulans even not counting DS9.

Maybe in the new time line, that will change since the mining ship attacked (and probably weakened) the Klingons and the Romulans will take a more agressive stance? They have to make some response given the mining ship was Romulan?

Should Trek go dark? Per Robert Ocri - who knows? - -

IGN: Second movies, including Wrath of Khan, are often the dark chapter. Things often get pretty intense. Are you going to go in that direction?
Orci: Well, it’s weird. We got kind of a mixed review in terms of the darkness or not in the first one. There was genocide of an entire planet, Spock’s freaking mother died, Kirk’s dad died… But it’s like, “Well, it wasn’t very dark!”
So I think maybe thematically, because we don’t have the burden of an origin story, we can play a little bit more with the theme and it can be a little bit more complicated. But I still think we like fun. Star Trek has always been funny. Even Wrath of Khan has got some great great, great fun in it. I think it will be equally confusing for some, but I do think we get to jump right into it now.

hmmm…dark Trek…dunno–they killed a LOT of folks inteh last one…