Sons of Anarchy Thread

This show kicks sBarb. Let’s talk.

Seans of Anarchy
SAMCAP

(Sons of Anarchy, Caprica Charter)

Seriously if SAMCRO doesn’t waste all the motherfrakkers in Belfast I will stop watching this show

Clay: “I don’t recognize your bullsh*t forum thread.” :slight_smile:

A friend from work told me about this show after its first season aired. He said, “The creator wrote for ‘The Shield’.”

I responded, “The show with The Thing? Never saw it.”

His jaw dropped and the next day I had the Season 1 DVD set for ‘The Shield’ on my desk. From the first episode of ‘The Shield’ I was hooked. I plowed through it and couldn’t wait to catch up on Season 1 of SoA in preparation of Season 2.

I’m sure y’all know. But just in case, Sutter and Sagal are married. I found that out in the middle of Season 2 during a conversation with my friend.

After just a few episodes, I realized, “This is Hamlet on Motorcycles.” Sutter, much like RDM, has the ability of making horrible people into endearing characters. It’s so true. “It’s all about the characters, stupid.”

I’ve currently got season one disks 2 3 and 4 at home here waiting to be watched, watched the first disk and really enjoyed it, shame I’ve been busy past few weekends haven’t had time to watch

I’m several episodes behind on the current season (story of my life), but this is a great show. My husband loves it, and never misses an episode. I never thought I would like a show like this- it’s so different from anything else I have ever watched. But it is so well written and acted (love Katey Sagal), that I couldn’t help but get drawn into it.

The best thing about this show is that from one week to the next you can’t decide if characters are “good” or “bad”.

Glad to see so many other watching this show. It took me a while to actually start watching myself - I have to say, it was the subject matter. I’m not really much of a motorcycle fan, so before watching it, I totally dismissed it as something that I won’t be too interested in, only to be proven completely wrong! It did help that I like Hunnam quite a bite from Queer as Folk and Undeclared, I like Siff from Mad Men, and of course, I love Sagal, so finally decided to check it out last year and was it worth it!

And the prospects will be Cylons! How things would be so different (and AWESOME!) if they’d been guarding the gym when Salazar broke in? :smiley:

I’m just glad they are finally at least starting realizing they’re being played. It took long enough! (Just a little longer than how long it took for them to get Samcro to Belfast, which took long enough.) Though maybe it’s because I’m not enjoying this whole Abel arc too much (which I hoped would get resolved weeks ago, because these guys aren’t total idiots - especially Gemma, who was always a good thinker, had been too emotional with everything that’s been happening to her to think straight this time around! And then to have Abe’s retrieval be the starting point of a lot of crap for the boys which leads to the actual real season arc, but obviously, that didn’t happen, and we only have 4 eps left), so I wished it was done with earlier. But I am very excited to see what payoffs we get in those four episodes! Though one of things I do love about this season is that I actually kind of like Darby (Skinner!) - the one character in the show I couldn’t imagine ever not hating.

Can I ask for no spoilers regarding hee, ‘the show with The Thing’? I’m going to plow through the whole series next summer and don’t want to be spoiled! (Ironically, obviously I’m watching SoA, and also Terriers, the OTHER Shield guy Shawn Ryan, which btw is an excellent show too! Come to think of it, I’ve been watching far more non scifi show than scifi shows lately. With Caprica gone, Fringe is the only scifi show I watch regularly, I think. )

I remember those interviews during season 2 I read too - which usually the interviewer expressed a little bit of outrage for Sutter to put his wife through that particular story arc in season 2. :smiley: But anyway, I really loved season 2. It was kind of perfect in every way. Maybe it’s too soon to say, but definitely my favorite season of SoA so far. Sagal was so fantastic in it it still bugs me that she didn’t even get an Emmy nomination, let alone a well deserved win for it.

With season 1, I watched on DVD, which turned out to be a good thing because the beginning bits were a bit scattered (and I only started really really enjoying the episodes about midway through S1, and then went into holy crap I love this show when that ‘incident’ with happened.). And there are so many characters and factions in Charming to learn at the beginning I felt it was a better viewing experience that I was able to watch a bunch of episodes in a row instead of spread out each week.

I love that it is Shakespeare on wheels, but at the same time I wish they can be more subtle about it - like, stop calling Jax a prince all the time. :smiley: And lookie here, there’s a character called Opie in it.

Sons of Anarchy is definitely a show I wouldn’t have checked out were it not for GWC peeps.
So thanks so much Dxferris and Default Prophet.

I plowed through the S1 and S2 DVDs in the last couple months and finished just in time to get synched into S3 at around ep 3 which I’d been TiVoing.

I’m almost sad now that I have to keep waiting a week now for each episode, because it’s SUCH a great show. Love the intense drama, the characters, the actiing.

I’ve actually not seen The Wire or The Shield (did Sutter do both?), so I gotta get on those.

Mind you now, I’ve never rode a motorcycle, and I’m not into them, but I love any show that takes you into a another world—in the this case the Motorcycle Club world—with authenticity and realism.

The Shakespeare aspect did help convince me to watch it, but I’m finding it’s not all that explicitly Hamlet, but it’s got enough of that vibe and feel to not take you out of the “rules” of the SoA world.

Great stuff. Now one of my new favorite shows. Perhaps THE favorite now that Caprica has left me. CAPRICA!! WHY DID YOU LEAVE ME YOU BITCH!! I LOVED YOU!! …Oh, sorry about that. :smiley:

Yeah, Shakespeare as a starting point is almost always a good way to go. It also makes you wonder about future relationship revelations. I mean, there are basic elements in Hamlet that, if true in SoA, would BLOW UP the cast.

My only issue…(and it’s a small one) is that the Bikes these bikers ride are very stock. so self respecting 1%er would ever be caught dead on one these scooters.

But like i said… thats my ONLY issue with this show.

my fav quote from this past ep is…

Gemma: Maybe that profound awareness helps relieve your guilt, but now is not the time for soul searching. You focus on the hate you need to kill all these Irish pricks.

and being in IRELAND that’s a lot of Irish to try and Kill…

and without being spoilery… when does everyone think Gemma will tell Jacks the thing she needs to tell him in Ireland… Before… or After … she needs to…IYKWIM?

Could be worse. He could be in America.

Ba-dom-chi ( as Igor from young Frankenstein)

Default Prophet and I had discussed that recently a little. She sees what’s happening, right? I hope it’s sooner than yuck later! It really should happen this week, don’t you think? (The telling I mean, not the…well…)

[spoiler]We don’t need any Luke and Leia action here! Gross! [/spoiler]

Yes. hopefuly sooner , rather then “yuck”…

BUT… if SAMCRO is unsuccessful on their mission in Ireland AND “Yuck” then tell … JAX’s decent into madness would be quick and complete…

JAX Teller. " to be. or, Not to be. That is YOUR Question! 'cause “f_sbarb” YOU ALL!"

The bikes themselves are fine to me but the fairings I hate.

I think Samcro will be back in Charming in 2 episodes. Enough time to finish things set up there

I have a feeling that the secret Gemma is keeping for Tara will come into play to prevent that yuckiness. Though it is Sutter after all, and I can see him going through with that plot.

I think at the beginning of the season, I was even thinking if it was possible that [spoiler] Gemma isn’t Jax’s biological mother (which makes it, I guess, even yuckier, but there was this scene when they first arrived and Maureen was all like “oh, I know how it feels like to have your baby taken away from you” to Jax, while looking at Gemma cryptically) [/spoiler]. Of course, I was quickly reminded that that was impossible because of that whole hereditary heart condition. Whoops!

But I guess I’m still expecting a much bigger surprising WTF secret in Belfast than [spoiler] a simple, ‘oh, she’s your half sister because your dad is a cheater and had a second family.’ because that didn’t seem like a big enough secret for Gemma to guard it so much to begin with, especially given the Samcro rules from season 1 (that it’s all right for a Samcro member to screw around when they’re out of town, just as long as they’re faithful at home.) [/spoiler]

Good. I want to see how Unser deals with his new and old allies. Also, I love Tig.

re: 11/9 episode, ‘Firinne’

Whooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaa

ps. Squiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick

Only two episodes left in the season! where has the time all gone?

There is a long way to go in two episodes…

I am glad the BIG YUCK didn’t happen… just enough Yuck.

my AB-FAB favorite moment of this episode was when Maureen Ashby Grabbed half sacks old lady by throat and threatened her to never lye to the club.
and i think i saw Gemma’s respect for Maureen go up, just a little bit…

what say you all?

ab-fab? Nice.