So, Ya think you know Firefly?

So, you think you know Firefly? How well? Here’s a little game for all my fellow Browncoats… Mind yu, there’s no score keeping per sey, just bragging rights if you can stump your fellow Browncoats…

The gist of the game? Its easy :wink:

Simply leave a quote from one of the episodes of Firefly (without saying who said it…)

If you know the quote, Leave the Answer --> The person who said it, the episode it was from, and if you can manage the scene… and then leave another quote (a different one please lol) for the next person to guess at…

think you got the hang of it? well then riddle me this… who said:

“Course you couldn’t buy an invite with a diamond the size of a testicle, but I got my hands on a couple… Of Invites!!!”

Romo Lampkin?

Heh. Badger, Shindig.

“Hey, there was an idea regarding beagles? They have smallish droppings?”

close… one could say the quotee could be his identical twin lol…

so, remember when answering:

who
what scene
what episode

Mal
“Safe”
When the crew is unloading the black-market bovine they smuggled off Persephone in “Shindig”

“Nothing buys bygones quicker than cash.”

G-D you threw a tough one out there Kappa…

Just happens I was responsible for screen capping as many pics of the air ambulance from ariel as possible to help witht he little restoration project that took place awhile back…

so that was jayne Cobb in Ariel talkin to mal while in the ambulance

hows aboot"

Aha ha ha ha ha! Mine is an evil laugh! Now die!!!

Sorry, I think the Babel Fish in my ear is askew or something. My answer got accidently translated in Battlestar-Galactica-eese.:wink:
EDIT: Oh, and sorry I didn’t even read the rules of this thread. Just blurted out …

Just thot I’d follow up with a pic of that scene:

This one’s an easy one, but I’m a noob when it comes to Firefly. So sue me:

“This is something the captain has to do for himself.”
“NO! NO IT’S NOT!”

Zoe: “This is something the captain has to do for himself.”
Mal: “NO! NO IT’S NOT!”

The scene where Zoe and Jayne rescue Mal, and Zoe assumes that Mal will want to personally kill the guy who has been toturiing him.
And Mal says “NO! NO IT’s NOT!”. Then Zoe, and Jayne and Wash shoots the torturer.

Ep: War Stories.

Here’s one (may be quoting it wrong).
“If I’m not back in one hour, that you take the ship…and you come back and you rescue me.”

Mal
Serenity (The Film)
Mal is going to “rescue” Inara from the Operative.

“Ten percent of nuthin’ is…let me do the math here…nuthin’ into nuthin’…carry the nuthin’…”

“Ten percent of nuthin’ is…let me do the math here…nuthin’ into nuthin’…carry the nuthin’…”

That’s Jayne to Mal and Zoe on their way back to the ship at Eavesdown docks in the pilot ep Serenity :slight_smile:

“You want a slinky dress? I can buy you a slinky dress. Captain, can I have money for a slinky dress?”

Wash, dinosaurs, Serenity (pilot)

You’re supposed to answer before asking, but that’s Zoe and Mal at the end of War Stories.

This one might be easy, “And don’t ride in anything with a Capissen engine, they fall right out of the sky”

ETA: Ah crap, there was another page. Ignore me.

Wash, Shindig, When Zoe says that if shes gonna wear a dress shes gonna wear a slinky dress

That’s right Jeff! :slight_smile: Now with the way the game is played, it’s your turn to leave a quote for the rest of us to guess :slight_smile:

Kaylee
Serenity (movie)
Advice to Simon as he leaves the ship

“In that case, every well-bred petty crook knows the small, concealable weapons always go to the far left of the place setting.”

“Do you know what the chain of command is here? It’s the chain I go get and beat you with to show you who’s in command.”

Jane, to almost everyone, Train Job.

Damn, there’s only a half season here.

“I hope she does the soup thing, it’s always a hoot and we don’t die from it.”

Wash, Ariel, Crew having a discussion about River after she went at jayne with a butcher saying he looks better in red.

“You have the same rights as anyone, to live and kill people.”