So, What the Frak was Kara Thrace???

Maby
i wrote that quickly, i didnt want to frogett :stuck_out_tongue:

I kinda liked that she dissapeared, i dont see any other fitting ending.

She CAN’T be an angel.

If Head Baltar and Head Six were angels, and it’s pretty clear they were from the last scene, what do they share in common with Kara Thrace?

Oh, wait! There’s that… but then again… absolute ZILCH!

Kara is something else entirely.

Something, (God?) recreated Kara and her Viper. For the specific purpose of entering the right coordinates at just the right time.

This outside entity also reactivated the final five.

Maybe I’m being dense here, but I’m having a teensy problem with the chronology of the Starbuck Is An Angel thing. Would somebody please try to sort these events into a cohesive whole for me, and point out where Kara became an angel? I’m assuming Kara Thrace was ‘alive’ until she imploded in the vortex at the end of Season 2…

(1) Implosion in the vortex when pursued by Lee. Most likely wearing dogtags
(2) Crash and burned on radioactive Earth, wearing her dogtags
(3) Dogtags destroyed when sent into Sun with Sam

So did the mortal Kara Thrace crash and burn on radioactive Earth? If so, how did she get there? I’m not buying that the radioactive Earthers used dogtags just like the Colonials do now.

Can you see how I am soooo confused? :confused:

glen

The way she just disappeared, I’m wondering if she was a Soprano.

Just as she was resurrected by the ‘Forces of Nature’, the same forces provided her resurrected self with duplicate dog tags and viper…

Kara was human in the beginning, then became an angel after her Viper crashed on Earth. She followed the Raider and FTL-jumped there, then was shot down. She “resurrected” in a different way than the Cylons. I agree with a few others, more like the Biblical version of resurrection than the Cylon version. Of course, I’m just guessing at this stuff, like everyone else!

I view Kara and the Head Six Baltar constructs as Seraphs
Beings of Light (Angels) as a homage to the original series.
Kara ws a special Seraph that could be view by everyone.

From BattlestarWiKi:
[i][b]The Beings of Light are a mysterious race that travel using the Ship of Lights. Called angels by the primitive people on Kobol, these creatures helped them develop the civilization that would become the Twelve Colonies (War of the Gods).

Apparently mistakes were made in the past by these advanced beings, as they seem reluctant to interfere directly with the Colonials or the Terrans. They help Apollo and battlestar Galactica save the Terrans from themselves (Experiment in Terra).

Count Iblis is a fallen member of this race, who has chosen to use his powers for darker purposes (War of the Gods). is the quote from BattlestarWiki:[/b][/i]

Head Six and Head Baltar fulfill this role right to the Final Scene. I doubt anyone even Mr. Ronald (Hitchcock) Moore could see them reading his newspaper.

Has mankind of present day fallen so far from religion and been absorbed by the trappings technological advancement that they are doomed to repeat the cycle?

Thanks for reading

I don’t like the angel theory much.

Kara Thrace is DEAD…long live Kara Thrace.

Perhaps she was a ghost; allowed a reprieve to finish her goal or path.

Maybe she is a being who can pass between the worlds of the dead and of the living.

I just figure there are Angels and then there are angels…

I think she was brought back by God to fulfill her purpose - to lead the human race to it’s end - which she did because pure humanity died out as we are all part cylon. Once she was done she had to pass on like she was supposed to. The thing I don’t get it why not just bring her back and tell her what she needed to do instead of making her figure it out?

You are not Robinson Crusoe there, mate.

I recall being involved in quite a long and interesting thread some months ago regarding Kara’s nature, and specifically, her death and reappearance. I tend to think the upshot was this, that there were three ‘Kara’s’:

1. The ‘original’ who exploded in the Viper in Maelstrom,
  2. the ‘resurrected Kara’ (and Viper) we encounter in Crossroads, Part II and stay with until she ‘vanishes’ at the end, and
  3. The dead, incinerated ‘Kara’ which Kara #2 discovers with Leoben on the first ‘Earth’. (Sometimes a Great Notion)

I argued strongly that the reappeared Kara must be a product of Cylon technology. The only examples of ‘resurrection’ were those of Cylons, they were genetically indistinguishable from other Cylons (and humans for that matter), and it was highly unlikely that some other, new agent or outside technology would suddenly be brought into play.

Just shows what I know, eh?

I think she had to ‘figure it out,’ because as someone (sorry I can’t remember who with the mad theorizing of the last day or so!) mentioned on another thread, while there may be some being (perhaps divine, perhaps not) guiding things in this universe, so much of that Plan (or plan) depends on the free will choices of individuals. What if Baltar hadn’t done what he did exactly when he did it? or any other character, for that matter. Yes, there appears to being a guiding hand, but individual agency and choices seem to be much more important in the larger scheme of things. Besides which, what’s the point of being worthy of survival if you can’t even make your own choices?

I’ve got it sorted out now…

Bored with Lee’s talk of mountain climbing Kara turned to leave and promptly fell into a sinkhole. Lee, suddenly given to magical thinking, thinks she has disappeared into thin air.

Hah. I like it.

Balter repeatedly used the word resurrected in a biblical sense when referring to Kara Thrace. The hybrid in Razor refers to joining the promised land on the wings on an angel. Starbuck punched in the location for the jump, bringing them all to our Earth. Therefore Starbuck can only be one thing… a reseurrected angel that smokes cigars and tosses back shooters.

I"m more or less agree with caslida and others here. What is important is that she was an instrument of the one true god.

I really disliked the way Starbuck just disappeared. After all the mystery and build up, it was a big let down.

I’m thinking more and more that she was like the dove that noah released from the ark to find dry land, which returned later with an olive branch. Perhaps she was the olive branch that would break the cycle.

And then there were those bloody robots. I could have done without those…

really wanted to see her and Lee end up together…oh well

but hey I’m evidently part Cylon…so thats cool:D

Little red riding hood
Liquid metal terminator?
The ghost of Elivis?
A previously unknown thundercat.
The aunt of that creepy little girl from the ring.

or possibly… The roadrunner

Maybe she is a ninja and was hiding?

I am sure you have all seem the same thing but this official reply by Ron Moore on Discover magazine clears it up…

Moore: Kara is what you want her to be. It’s easy to put the label on her of “angel” or “messenger of God” or something like that. Kara Thrace died and was resurrected and came back and took the people to their final end. That was her role, her destiny in the show… We debated back and forth in the writers’ room about giving it more clarity and saying definitively what she is. We decided that the more you try to put a name on it, the less interesting it became, and we just decided this was the most interesting way for her to go out, with her just disappearing and [leave people wondering exactly what she was].

I am gonna miss BSG :frowning: