So, What the Frak was Kara Thrace???

yup She was an Angel…Leoben Told her so way back when even…adn thats waht the heads were as well

Yes, inasmuch as anything else in the show matters to us. There are those of us who were really interested in this.

You know, I wondered what the other people in the bar thought when Starbuck was talking to the Head Dad if no one else could see him. Did they just think Starbuck was drunk off her rocker? It’s not like when Baltar would say something to the Head Six and it somehow made sense to the others around him with a slightly different meaning.

Now I’m thinking that maybe no one else could see her at that time either. The Head-Angels do seem to have the ability to turn on and off their visibility to people. But then again, she was being served drinks… unless she imagined that too… aw, heck, I have no idea. I’m just gonna be quiet now.

“Please, God. Make me a bird so I can fly far, far, far away.”

LOL!!!
that’s too frakkin funny.

MESSENGER PIGEON…

a Harbinger if you will.

Also, pigeons always find their way home

Well said. I’m glad we weren’t spoon fed all the answers.

Kara was an instrument of God. Even more, she was the soul of Krace Thrace, truely Kara, but in another form.

She contrasts with the Head characters, which I honestly feel now were classic angelic beings, working for “God”, hence the final scene.

All due respect… Yes. Yes, it does. I’m cool with the mystery (I’ve already stated in other threads that I liked the finale)… but still: what the frak was Starbuck 2.0? An angel? I’d like an answer.

I think the best descriptor this forum has come up with is “an instrument of God”, the power that presides over the universe. it’s pretty apparent that she doesn’t understand this for most of her life but she becomes more and more calm and self-possessed as her destiny approaches and she becomes more honed in on what it is.

The OGG was right and the last part of his prophecy came true. She was an “angel”. Now we can debate - so, what’s an angel?

See I understand that there is a want to know. I also wanted to know. However, I feel like it is more important to understand that this is Kara Thrace, and even if she is an angel she is, and always will be Kara Thrace. Its the fact that she is Kara, not that she is an angel. Kara put in the coordinates, noone else. She was a human child, and as a child she learned what she needed to know. Or at least, thats how I see it. Dissent is welcome.

To my understanding, she is NOT human, and never was. She was always an angel. My question is how her mother knew.

I don’t think she was an angel in the sense that Head-Six and Head-Baltar were, much less Head-Slick or Leoben. Angels were messengers from God. The original Hebrew word used was simply messenger. The best analogy I can think of is Gandolf the White. But he was a sort of angel figure to begin with. I guess she was a sort of ghost, abet a fully physical one without any knowledge of the afterlife.

Maybe the best description is simply that she was reconstituted in her original form, but enhanced like Gandolf.

Someone else (now I sound like Audra) in another thread pointed out the similarities of Starbuck to Jesus, and I think that is the best analogy. She was a real human but imbued with the ‘spirit’ of ‘God’ which in this show is the ‘Force of Nature’. Her mom knew she had a special destiny, possibly because she was aware of Kara’s nature at her conception. Maybe she had a vision of some kind.

Like Jesus she died, but resurrected and then crossed over to the other side.

Now, of course I’m not saying she was Jesus, just that it is a good analogy of which there are many examples of sacrifice and resurrection in mythology and literature.

What’s not explained (and I’m kind of okay about it) is how did her Dad (or adoptive Dad like Joseph?) know about the song?

Personally I feel like starbuck is an angel. I wanted her to pop up in the last scene with the head characters.

So Starbuck is def. an angel. In the Torah angels are described very little, but they have a few interesting things. Most importantly ,angels only have one purpose. Once they are done with that they disssapear. All Kara was suposed to do was get the galactica to Earth. Once that was done, she dissapeared. Angels in the Torah dissapeared similarly to Kara, they just suddenly vanish.
the only problem with this thought is that angels alos have no free will. They are required to do what god commands.

So maybe she’s an angel Jesus? :wink:

As many have said before (and will say again), the way that BSG maps onto our own religious / philosophical / mythological belief systems isn’t exact, nor should it be. That would make it not as cool.

My thought about the song is that for all we know, Dreilide had his own head something, or inspiration or whatever from the being that doesn’t want to be known as God. And he taught his daughter, who then played her role.