So, what the frak happened to this show?

Huh? What happened?

I know, it’s really gone down hill hasn’t it?

LOL! took me a while to figure out what OT was talking about. the podcast? couldn’t be! BSG? we won’t know until January. then I look at the forum header

Ron’s got at least 2 shows in the works, and I haven’t heard anything good or bad about the production of either, so I’m gonna say no news is good news. I’m also guessing that there will be big marketing blitz for Caprica at the end of BSG’s run to ride the expected PR bump. So that puts us… when? April for substantive Cap. news? (They’re not gonna split up the last BSG eps. are they?)

OK, but once upon a time is was going to air in the fall of 2008 - to provide a lifeline to BSG in 2009. But, what the heck, just let us drown.

Thanks Old Timer, I’ve been wondering about this also.
I agree with The Lonely Toaster, I think we’ll hear more once BSG starts up again. I sure hope it didn’t die.

In SciFi speak, “Fall of 2008” means before 2012.

does anyone know if bear mccreary will be doing the score for caprica?

No, I think it’ll be Danny Elfman…

/me ducks…

From TVGuide’s “Scoop” Blog:

I am seriously in need of some Battlestar Galactica scoop! Also, has Caprica aired and I missed it, or was it scrapped? — Robert
MICKEY: It took me several days to decode the 54 pages of 0s and 1s that my Sci Fi mole-bot beep-booped over to me, but the upshot is this: Though Sci Fi once planned to air Caprica in December, it’s now on hold, pending the final episodes of Battlestar Galactica. It definitely won’t see the light of day until after the BSG series finale … but also maybe not at all. In the meantime, I’m assuming you’ve seen this BSG trailer, right?

What the frak?? “Maybe not at all”?!

I’ll be over in the corner, weeping quietly…

What the frak?? “Maybe not at all”?!

I’ll be over in the corner, weeping quietly…

JUST as I suspected. (Not that you would be weeping.) Get out the torches and pitchforks. Time to storm the skiffy citadel.

SCI FI—we love making craaaaaaaaaaaaaaapy monster movies—happened.

Why take the time to make a show people might actually watch when you can make a movie about a group of teenagers locked in a shack with a viscous mob of squirrels that have lasers mounted to their heads? [If SCI-FI actually makes that, I better get a share of the ten dollar profits].

That one, I’d watch.

Then you will love my other B movie ideas for scifi.

1. “Crocodile Bill.”

Time traveling crocodile appears sporadically in the High School’s pool once every year. The students kill him, but wait! He was not just a time traveling crocodile; he was a genius, super evolved, smarter than human, time traveling crocodile just looking for his grandfather Bill! The whole snacking on humans thing was just a misunderstanding, and in revenge, grandpa crocodile bill kidnaps the kids, and takes them to the time of the velociraptors, where they have to fight to survive. They don’t. Catch phrase for the advertisements: “It’s like ‘Jurassic Park’ meets ‘Lake Placid’ meets ‘Timecop’! But with crocodiles and no Van Dam! Two Historic hours of television you won’t want to miss!”

Okay I was going to post more, but suddenly I felt a strange connection and understanding with the scifi channel, so I had to stop.

Paging FT…Paging FT… we need a script by Monday, quick! Or we might have to run that terrible Battlestar Galactica show. I mean, God, they don’t even have capes, and Starbuck is a woman!!!

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117996647.html?categoryId=14&cs=1

Caprica greenlit to series. Expected to air early 2010.

In the trailer there is a photoframe and it looks like the picture has square edges:eek:

Without the amazing crew from BSG, production values can’t be anticipated. Keepin mah fingers crossed, but not going to be too surprised if little touches like that get left by the wayside.

I don’t know that much about it, is it going to be made by a different group of people?

SciFi would have a full-scale riot on there hand if they chose to just not even air what they have, but as has already been said more than once, I’m sure it’ll just wait until post-BSG.

The last bit of Caprica news I spotted was from last Friday 1/16.
http://galacticasitrep.blogspot.com/2009/01/staffing-caprica.html

“From various sources right now, we can confirm that BSG crewmembers Richard Hudolin, Gary Hutzel, and Bear McCreary have joined the crew of the CAPRICA series to do, respectively, the production design, the special effects, and the musical score. Great news. (That Hutzel link is a terrific interview; here’s another.)”