So, what the frak happened to this show?

In Maureen Ryan’s big Chicago Tribune piece, there’s a great bit (after the RDMoore feature) about how the sets for Revelations and Notion came together. They wanted a much bigger scale for the flashback scenes, but still made it happen with much less of a budget than they wanted. It’s cool insight into How It Works. There’s a wee amount of vague spoilage in the RDM part, so be careful. But you can skip it and read the other bits…

BSG has made lots of mix ups with those things.
I was watching Maelstrom the other day and like half of the things in that Kara memory book had squares.

I just spotted this in my google reader:

http://galacticasitrep.blogspot.com/2009/01/caprica-writers-room-shaping-up.html

"Jane Espenson, co-executive producer of “Battlestar Galactica,” will have that title on “Caprica” and will eventually become “Caprica’s” showrunner.

…Ron Moore said he’d be running the writers’ room when it first convenes in early February, but he added that at some point, he’d be handing over those day-to-day showrunner duties to Espenson, who will take on the title executive producer midway through the season."

Sweet! I love her work.

Yay, me too! Good to see she’s finally getting a shot at being a show-runner.

Though this does beg the question: what is RDM up to, then? Did “Virtuality” get the green light, or is there another project of his out there?

I had the same thought… he must be busy with something why else is he planning on handing it over. I’m cautiously optimistic.

Then you will love my other B movie ideas for scifi.

1. “Crocodile Bill.”

Time traveling crocodile appears sporadically in the High School’s pool once every year. The students kill him, but wait! He was not just a time traveling crocodile; he was a genius, super evolved, smarter than human, time traveling crocodile just looking for his grandfather Bill! The whole snacking on humans thing was just a misunderstanding, and in revenge, grandpa crocodile bill kidnaps the kids, and takes them to the time of the velociraptors, where they have to fight to survive. They don’t. Catch phrase for the advertisements: “It’s like ‘Jurassic Park’ meets ‘Lake Placid’ meets ‘Timecop’! But with crocodiles and no Van Dam! Two Historic hours of television you won’t want to miss!”

Okay I was going to post more, but suddenly I felt a strange connection and understanding with the scifi channel, so I had to stop.
!

If you add an evil cyborg croc sent back in time to kill “grandfather bill”,
thus altering the future, then you’d have a Terminator meets Kill Bill movie,
just with crocs. Don’t even get me started on the Steve Irwin type character.
Crikey!

LOL