So Stargate: Atlantis got canned

http://www.tvsquad.com/2008/08/21/stargate-atlantis-canceled-kind-of/

But oddly I’m not really upset, it’s been really crappy this season

crickets chirping

How dare you good sir! I take offense at your chirping.
This sucks, how can I have no Stargate Series? I know there are some here that like to pick on Stargate but it is easily in the top 90% of sci-fi. When we measure against BSG everything really falls short, but there isn’t a lot that come up to the level of Stargate either. I hope they can make the movies a regular thing. Please don’t let me be the only Stargate lover. :frowning:

Hey - that sucks. It was actually pretty good this year and now Jewel Staite is going to be out of work again. :frowning:

Frak.
Scifi i a bunch of-------------------------------------Boxy mad.
Rodney McKay made it a show worth watching, I really hope he and the botanist end up being resolved, its one of my favroite little things about the show.

I guess it was taking up the air time they needed for more suspense horror shows about rabid zombie <plural_noun> that eat coeds for brunch.

Or frakking WWF wrestling.

IYKWIM… sigh, now I’m doing it too.

Wow, after only 180 posts. I think it took Galaxy Ranger at least 1800 posts before he was infected…

Yeah, my lurking habits skew the ratio.

That sucks, but you’re right, they’ve really been off their game this year.

I watched SG-1 from the start. I can’t imagine a world with no Stargate and no Buffyverse. At least Star Trek might be rebooted by that time…

The World Wildlife Fund has wrestling now??? :smiley:

Yeah, didn’t you know?

Well this season has been terrible, so I would say that they deserve to be canceled. The only bad thing about it is there is most certainly going to be something worse replacing it. Maybe a Ghost Hunters/Pro Wrestling crossover? Gotta love fake sports and pseudoscience.

The funny thing is that Atlantis has picked up in rating this year. I read the news last night. I’m a fan and I’m sad to see the show go. Sci-Fi is fraked now. I mean BSG is ending and now probably their largest draw next to Doctor Who is canned. They better hope Sanctuary takes off and BBC keeps turning out Doc Who. Although, this could be a good sign for Caprica going to a full series.

Doctor Who isn’t coming back for over a year. And as far as Caprica goes, I’m sure they’ll frak that up too. Even the execrable Flash Gordon show actually got fairly good at the very end – long after it lost most of its audience – so I doubt it’ll be back either.

It’s so sad, since the idea of a channel devoted to science fiction is just so awesome, even if the reality is somewhat… less so.

I can tell you exactly when IYKWIM first appeared outside the gutter thread.

Does anyone else wonder why & how WWF (or WWE) got on SciFi? :confused:

The only science aspect to it is biochemistry coupled with pharmacology. The fiction is what you see on-screen. Somebody mistakenly thought putting the two together made for science fiction.

http://www.gateworld.net/news/2008/08/sci_fi_green-lights_istargate_un.shtml

It seems they have a replacement lined up. I guess the new show will have a better budget than if both shows were running at the same time