Skype Meetups

Hi guys!

As some of you may know, a few of us have taken to hosting conference calls on Skype!
We tried Talkshoe, but I think it’s broken now.

If you’d like to join us sometime, update your Profile to reflect your skype ID and post your interest in this thread!

When someone posts a call, we can mine the info from here and holla you up! lol!

Remember: you must be logged in to Skype to receive the conference call and take part in the chat!

It’s a lot of fun, and we’ve been known to keep the call open for a long time to allow drop-ins.

Skype ya soon!

I’ve never used Skype. Can you explain how it works for a noob?

Um…nevermind! I’ve loaded the software and run through setup. Profile updated too. Now to test my headset…hope that still works.

All up in yo Skype!!!

You know I’m always available to lurk in your Skype calls.

One day I hope to lurk. I’m having serious issues getting Skype and my crappeh computer to play nice.

I’m also am using Skype often and am available for a chat since my new Laptop han an in-built microphone and to train my English speaking skills (the writing is already passable). :slight_smile:

But don’t be surprised if I’m way ahead in the day. It’s only cuz of the different time zone. :smiley:

That was fun talking with you guys the other day!

I’d be interested in joining in next time if I’m online!

I can’t find where to add it to my profile, but you already have my info BKitty. Got it running on my desktop, just I warn you, my mic might be too much…its my wifes mic and it hears everything in the apartment.

Click on User CP or Quick Links then Edit Your Details. Scroll down and you’ll see where you can add your info for Twitter/Skype…etc.

Thanks, Gryper!

Hey all- thanks for your interest, and yes, I do have most of your skype ids!

Please follow Gryper’s instructions on how to update your profiles!

Topgun likes to host calls, too, so update already! lol!

Any of you can start a conference call- I learned on the fly (and have often been blessed by the GWC angel known as Techdrew)!
I post my calls at a time that’s convenient for me- and we are a global family, so don’t be afraid to dip your toes in and start a call yourself! We often get drop-ins!

I strongly recommend you also post your call on Twitter, or at least message someone who can toot the horn for you!

We can all figure it out together!

It’s a lot of fun!

SKYPE CAAAALLLLL!!

right now!

Kinda hard to find people to add as contacts! I think we need to post our Skype name (the one you use to sign in) and create a list.

Mine’s grypergwc

I’m gonna have to learn this skype thing that all you kids are using…

Good idea.

badgerspoon

I reinstalled skype and tested my old headset, it still works fine. I had uninstalled it awhile back because I kept getting strange calls from women. Or was that calls from strange women? :eek:

Uhm… that didn’t come out right… :o

AZOmra2008

Sounds like it could be fun. I think my Skype name is Jason.Bowermeister

decosta1228 is mine

Thanks, there’s too many duplicates on Skype to be able to find many contacts.

gavyn_lumier