Skype Call: Game of Thrones discussion?

Hello everyone!

At the very intelligent suggestion of ms. bkitty… it might be super awesome fun time to have a skype call dedicated to discussing the ASOIAF series (up through book 4), particularly given that quite a few GWCers are power-reading through the series. My question to you - would you join? when would you like to do it?

Discussion of the first book (spoilers).
Discussion of all four published books (spoilers!)

Depends upon the time, but sure.

I would be highly interested but I need a few weeks to finish book 3 and get through book 4.

I’d love to, but I’ve only just started on book 1 after watching the latest ep, and am still debating whether to wait it out so I can watch the show (at least, season 1. I’m very doubtful I’d wait a whole year before tearing into the other books…) without knowing what’s going to happen.

Or…I might just power through it all since the wait is killing me as it is. Excellent stuff.

I would be wholeheartedly behind this, I am very much in England which might throw a spanner in the works timing wise.

I would love to, but I still need some time to finish the series. I a little more than half way through book 3.

It’s all good - maybe we can aim to have the discussion right before the new book comes out in July? (to get more pumped up… though do we need that?) Thoughts?

That’s prolly a good idea. I’ve noticed a lot of people racing to catch up.

hands up Don’t think I’ll make it though. I heard book 3 and 4 (since I have kindle copies, I’m not really sure how long they are. I just know they’re long, I think) are pretty ginormous, and I’m still just about 2/3 into book two.

I’m also conflicted between wanting to race ahead to see what happens or slow down so I can make sure I savor every single moment.

How would people feel about doing a chat over Skype on Sunday July 10? (2 days before ADWD comes out)

Works for me, although anything before about 2:00 EST I’ll miss.

That sounds good to me- I’ll be around!

I’ll be around should I finish book 3 and 4 before the skype fest happens. It’s unlikely, since I’m a slow reader and I’m only a third into ASoS…so… we’ll see. :smiley: I hope I can make it!

If there’s enough interest, we could tier it. Hour one, Book One spoilers only. Hour twho, Books one to two, etc.

That would be a most excellent idea …for ME. :smiley: I’m relatively sure I’ll be done with book 3 by then, but also am relatively sure I won’t be remotely done with book 4 in time.

But it sounds pretty inconvenient and might stifle discussion. So, it’s up to you veterans. But I thank you for being so thoughtful!

That would be hard to remember what happened in each book! I know I would slip up and reveal something that I shouldn’t.

I would be happy if you could stick to such a regime and join the 1st hour.

Well I’ll see if we can get the call on the calendar for this coming Sunday - if you don’t know my Skype handle PM me so I can be sure to add you when we start the call.

I’m willing to do whatever re: spoilers depending on what the consensus is.

I’m in for that- Are we discussing all four books then?

PS- I only want to discuss the books, not leaked spoilers from the rouge copies that were released.