SG-1 for the first time (back-to-back)

I’m still on S2, moving slowly, but still enjoying it. I like the idea of alternating with SG-A after S8. I loved every minute of SG-A when I watched the whole series in July.

Anyone know the buzz on the SG-A movie? When can I watch the SG-1 movies? Is there a sequence for them or can you pick them up anytime?

I just got to Season 8 and there definitely is an Atlantis heavy influence here. Can’t quite bring myself to starting Atlantis in tandem but can now see clearly what people mean that the two compliment each other in what I suspect is more of a Rosencrantz and Guildernstern are dead type detail.

The SG-1 movies are set after Season 10. Continuum fits in after Atlantis Season 4 (because of Sam in SGA).

The third SG-1 movie and the SGA movie are on indefinite hiatus because of MGM’s money problems. :frowning:

I started a similar burn-through of all things SG a few months ago, and am now most of the way through Season 4 of Atlantis. I hated McKay when we met him in SG-1, as he represented everything I dislike about competent, self-assured, and highly skilled people who are better than me.

Now, I like the way he’s grown - especially the way that he’s learned a bit of sympathy, even if he’s disguised it as enlightened self-interest.

After having grown to really enjoy the previous 2 shows, will SGU make my eyes bleed?

It’s a bit slower, especially the first half of the first season, but there’s enough good stuff that you should be OK. Life is the low point (at least for me), but it gets better. Think of it as a cross between Stargate and BSG in terms of style.