SETI@Home

OK, I guess I’m dumb because I can’t see anything on the Team page that says “Join this Team” :frowning:

OK< disregard…apparently I wasn’t logged in on the website.

I downloaded and installed and picked projects. Can’t find the GWC team to join. Did a search, but no Galactic Watercooler. :frowning: ??

Ok. I’m all set up.

Just joined the GWC team.
Wow, does this mean I’m helping to further human knowledge ?
Very, very awesome indeed. :slight_smile:

Ad Astra !!

What’s everyone getting in terms of CPU time? It looks like my old macbook is going to do six-ish hours for a work unit (if I’m reading this right.)

OK, joined up!

I’ve been participating off and on since my first mac in the 90’s! :smiley:

On average my shiny new Mac can do a work unit in three hours.

Welcome Robin! You are our 15th member! We are growing strong. Soon we will rule the world.

I’m on board as well! Go Team GWC!!

I’m up and crunchin’. We’ll get Solai his Christmas wish! I’m even loading up a couple older comps to crunch full time.

I predict the first message we find is:

“More GWC please!”

I can believe that !! :smiley:

I have a 5-yr old Mac PowerBook G4.
I think mine will take a hellava long time to do a work unit. Where do I look to find out?

Just found it.

Of the 3 projects:
24 hrs
12 hrs
and 5 hrs

Slow I think.

Wow, this is so cool ! :slight_smile:

Okay, I am on a PowerPC Mac running OS 10.5.8. I had it set up to just run with the screen saver, but every now and then that hangs saying it is trying to connect to the application. And ideas? I don’t have the app running but maybe I need to? The help makes it sound like you can just use the screen saver?

Check it out!!!
Seti in the Sig!
On their statistics page they link to sites that let you make a custom sig image. I used Boinc All Project Stats.
vvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv

Ok, how come my total credits =0
when I’ve completed at least 2 work units? :frowning:

On the Team page, is only work completed for seti@home shown.

I signed up for einstein & rosetta projects also.

I think you only get credit once the work unit is verified (sent to some other people and returned with the same result as you got.) That’s to prevent gaming the ratings. They’ll show up eventually.

Ahh, ok, thanks for info Pike. I’ll be patience now.

Boinc handles many different projects but all the Seti@home stuff goes through their website so the GWC team there is tied to the Seti work. I haven’t scene anyone mention a GWC group at any of the other projects so whatever credit you get (if they do it the same) should just be tied to your user ID. If you join a team it will begin to count towards that team from then on. Perhaps we should check it out.

I tried joining GWC at both Eistein & Rosetta , but the search could not find Galactic Watercooler.

The groups are project-specific, so someone would have to start one for them.