Serenity Better Days

http://comics.ign.com/articles/857/857951p1.html

Woohoo! :slight_smile:

Whhoooo-hoooooo! :smiley:

Let the good times role!!! That is awsome!

With glee I skipped into my favorite comic shop today and purchased a NEW Firefly comic- Serenity the first of three in the Serenity Better Days series by Dark Horse Comics. I think I’ll need to hold it and stare at the cover for a few days and savor it before I read it. Can’t rush something this good. The guys at the shop and the folks at The Signal all say a graphic novel on Book is due out this year too.

I’d say this qualifies as great damn big news.

Thanks Dawn! I’ll have to find my local comic store tomorrow in the big damn city and find mine! I admire your self restraint…I’ll probably read most of it before I walk out of the store. :smiley:

Dawn, where do you go to get your comics? I have almost nothing over here in East Mesa.

Any inkling as to what part of the year? I do not know of any reputable comic shops here that I would feel up to visiting. I am more inclined to purchase a graphic novel.

I wish we had an easily accessible and reputable comic shop that is otherwise well known here. For now, I know not what that might be.

Is this out online anywhere? I live 4 hours from the closest thing that thinks it’s a comic shop and with gas for my truck hitting $3.34 a gallon, it’s highly un-likely I’ll get there anytime soon!

It looks like mailordercomics.com carries it.

Vaguely related: Fruity Oaty Bar lunchbox!

I know this is easy enough to find out, but I have to run… Who wrote it?

Joss! <message too short>

Close… I’d say this is “big damn news” or “great gorram news”… :wink:

I mentioned this was coming in the comics section of the forum and no one even noticed :frowning:

I got to Atomic Comics, they have four locations, one down in Mesa I believe. Check them out and sign up for the weekly newsletter, that’s how I make sure to get my BSG comics right away.

I’m on vacation now (for a true fun vacation I could spend time on the forum without the family moaning and groaning but alas…) so I can’t look up links about the graphic novel on Book, but The Signal site has a forum too, so there might info from them.

Happy Spring Break all!

Well…completed the first one. Good stuff…all plot building, but certainly interesting!

No worries, CA. The forum is a big place, and it’s hard to keep up. :eek:

I was a bit disappointed with it. It seemed too… super heroic… I looked for another adjective but they didn’t fit. I mean, Kaley hanging up on the ceiling of an overpass like some gorram ninja?? Keep it simple folks. Also, mecha just don’t belong in the 'verse (imo). I’ll probably peruse the second issue before I plunk down hard cash for more of this kinda fair.

I still haven’t read it. Just looking at it makes me SO happy, I’m afraid that warm fuzzy feeling will end. Plus seeing Wash on the cover with his hand in Zoe’s…

Just got my copy! I got about halfway through and had to stop for work, but it is some good stuff. Hope the rest of you get to enjoy it.

Hey there Browncoats.

I decided to make a new thread for the next book to make it clear when it is coming out and not have the fact get lost in the prior Better Days thread.

I am pretty gorram excited.

http://www.darkhorse.com/profile/profile.php?sku=13-469

Stay shiny.