Serenity Better Days

Got mine, and thanks.

Guess I’ll have to wait for the paperback.

Aw, craaaap. Something else for me to spend my money on…

I’m gonna have to stop hanging around you people, or go broke! :cool:

I haven’t gotten a chance to pick mine up yet - we’ve been having nasty weather for a couple of days now. I wasn’t too impressed with the first issue though - so i’m hoping the second one is better.

Got mine, still waiting to read them until the third one comes out.

I highly recommend this three part series to anyone who loves firefly. Great Comics and very reminiscent of the show. Let me know what you think once you have read them. I still haven’t read the first three comic set so I still need to pick them up and check them out. But like I said Better Days was great.

Is that the series that takes place b4 the movie or the new series that just came out?

It’s the newest set of three but it is also before the movie because a certain person is there, if you know what I mean.

Ok, I haven’t read the latest series. My sister was telling me about it. I did read the series that lead up to the movie. I really liked that one.

ARRRRRRRRRR!!! Serenity is DARKHORSE!!! Do your job!!! Don’t move it!!!

Hehe

Yeah it seems Chuck is only interested in the Star Wars comics. :stuck_out_tongue:

I suggested that he should change the name to Star Wars Expanded Universe because there so much more to the EU than just the comics.

Yeah I put it on darkhorse because thats what it is and he moved it. LoL

I also recommend it. was it me or did it seem better and longer than “Those Left Behind?” I absolutely loved when the monk said something to the effect of “It’s the hero of Canton! He is real!” LOL.

Can’t wait for the Sheppard Book series.

I know… i am super late again…

Why the gorram did Inara service Simon? I couldn’t believe my eyes.

Has anyone heard any update on this project?

I read Better Days quite awhile ago now. I’m going back to reread it -now. I totally don’t remember that!!

I didn’t get it at first either. When Mal went to warn Inara, he saw Simon coming out of her shuttle before he got knocked out. I didn’t get that was Simon because it’s a comic, and when someone is draw as if they are far away, you can only tell who it is by the cloth they wear.

But by the time they were all back at Serenity, Mal asked “I seemed to remember a strict policy about servicing my crew” and Inara saying something about Simon is a friend and a doctor and that’s all Mal needs to hear. That’s when I realized the guy coming out of the shuttle was Simon.

Of course it could be like the pilot when Inara said she gave Simon a free thrust just to piss off Mal, but Mal knew that was sarcasm, and this time it seems like he doesn’t.

ok, new realization… I have heard several reveals in Con videos that Inara [spoiler]left the comfort of Sihnon because she is going to die.[/spoiler]

If that is the case, and her pride has prevented her to share that information with the Firefly crew thus far, she probably arranged a secret appointment with Simon to get a second opinion.

And Mal just ran into that before getting knocked out. And the confrontation afterward is exactly a repeat of what happened in the pilot.

I too hated the cover art on Better Days. Here’s a review I did on Ain’t It Cool News that is in line with what everyone here is saying (please forgive my chronology faux pas)
http://www.aintitcool.com/node/36055#6

I’m also interviewing Shepard Book (Ron Glass) about the prequel book today, will hopefully post article and audio soon.