Sci-fi Final Episode: Vote Here!

Guys, Gals, GalaxyRanger,

Here you go. The submissions are in. The top 10 suggestions as indicated by you:

12 Monkeys
The Abyss
The Black Hole
Dune
Escape from NY
Fantastic Voyage
Ice Pirates
Spaceballs
Starman
Logan’s Run

Multiple choice non-public poll. Vote! Encourage others! Voting closes by Thursday September 23.

Note: a few suggestions got excluded due to them not being sci-fi (Princess Bride, Krull, Dark Crystal) or planned in the near future (Tron).

Thank you all for your contributions!

For anyone who missed it or is new, the crew did a Tron - Direct to Archive cast. I’m sure they plan to do one right before the new movie but one can never have enough Tron discussion. :wink:

How many choices can we vote for?

Any and all.

If you vote “The Black Hole” we may get a 30 min longer cast based on title alone. IYKWIM

Good, because I had already voted for all but one as a vote against that one.

I can understand Princess Bride and Krull being excluded. But, why Dark Crystal? Too fantasy? ):

(Yeah, Dark Crystal would have been my only choice. So, maybe I’m biased.)

rachelsnort

3 and a half hour long cast maybe? d:

That’s a tough choice. Escape from New York and 12 Monkeys could fit into other very good arcs, like Time Travel. This might be the best time for Logan’s Run. Has anyone read the novels?

Frenchie lurvves Dune.

The best of the choices listed by far!!! Great performances, great mind tripping time travel plot, Terry Gilliam and Bruce and Brad. Def. needs more 12 monkeys love here.

EfNY would be OSSIM!

Call me Snake!

Final day of voting!

Logan’s Run is in the lead? GWCers sometimes delightfully surprise me.

Is that the one where all the adults over a certain age die?

Yes, hit 30 and they have to “renew”.

I guess Barbarella never had a chance. Shucks.

Holy Crom! Spaceballs came out of nowhere with 25 votes? This is tighter than I thot it would be.

I wish I had voted for Spaceballs (I don’t think I did). I’m not really looking forward to Logan’s Run again.

I only voted for Logan’s Run, which to me is the only true classic Sci-Fi movie in the list. :frowning: Now it’s tied with Spaceballs…which is funny but just not one of my favs.

It’s been years since I’ve seen LR. Maybe I’ll like it better next time around.

But, Spaceballs is always fun.