San Diego Comic Con 2011

Pre-paid parking is now available for the event!

Good hunting!

Got em! Right under the Convention Center. :smiley: Thanks Barb!

got mine at the hilton last week awesome!!!:groucho:

I just booked my flights yesterday :smiley:

Jim passed along this blog alert about hotel reservations- make sure you check yours, especially if it’s at the Hilton!

When Nerds Attack posted troubles with arbitrary cancellation of reservations.

Check your res!

Are our “hotel” reservations okay?? :smiley:

Really?! From England, that’s OSSIM! Arrival date/time?

I should point out that my brother is working in SD so the holiday is ostensibly to visit him but I haven’t ventured out of the UK in a long time so I decided to make the most of it!

I’ll be flying into LA on 16th July, getting the train down to SD the next day, staying until 27th then it’s up to LA for a couple of days before I fly home :smiley:

Glad to hear we have people making quite a trip to get here! Your going to have a blast!

So any GWCers going to SDCC need a roommate.

I was going to share with Default Prophet, but it looks like he is not going.

I had a room booked, I think (long story short I can’t find the confirmation and I thought they were going to take a 1 night deposit, but I can’t see where they charged my card, and I don’t remember which hotel it was), but it was pretty far away.

I am going to try calling a few of the hotels, and make another reservation either way, but I would love to share a room with some fellow geeks.

Not that you were asking me, but I arrive late on the 14th and leaving late on the 25th. I have no plans but sitting by the pool or on the beach and just chilling.

I think I am going to stay up near LA Thursday and Friday nights, then somewhere in between LA and Diego until Wednesday, then SD until Monday…

so if you have a day or two off (or have any ideas on where I should stay) let me know :slight_smile:

We have to talk. :smiley: I’ll PM you.

Okie dokie, I shall await your DM. I have hotels for everything but the first to days, but the are cancelable until the day before I check in.

I drafted my paperwork for having those days off yesterday. :slight_smile: I learned my lesson last year. Taking the day before, the 4 days of the con and the day after to “recover”! I’m ready to con the crap out this time! My wife might even make an appearance this time.

so far, so good! lol!

Raemani, I can’t promise anything, but I’m gonna look into it!

Can’t wait to see everyone again!!!

The final day for refunds on June 20th, has passed and SDCC will be releasing those, likely incrementally, to avoid site crash.

Check the SDCC Registration Page frequently from here on out to see when the resales happen.

I also recommend following them on Twitter and Facebook, as I’ve read and heard from friends they are announcing sales there, an hour beforehand!

Good Hunting!

Good news…I’m hoping to pick up 2, 4 day passes since i have individual days right now.

Wife wasn’t able to get the 4 day ones when they went up for sale…shows me for not buying them at the con right? Would rather pay the extra cash to only have to stand in the line to get in rather then the badge line every day.

Single Day Passes on Sale 10 am Pacific!

Go to the Comic Con website for your single day passes!

DISASTER!

I’ve been put in charge of a rust elimination team on the ship. My leave for comic con is all up in the air right now…as it stands I’ll get Saturday and the stuff I’m doing at night.

Update will follow when I know more…

What a bugger, rust vs Comic Con should be a no-brainer!