Rochester NY - July 15th

I may be able to make it. Sounds like fun.

MMMMM brunch ideas, this is what has been suggested to me so far
http://www.hicksandmccarthy.com/Menus/Brunch.aspx

Count me in as tentative. I am sure Badger and I will ride up together. Right now I am up in the air - depends on when my friends are going to be in England. I am watching her doggies for her and her hubby.

Last I heard they should be back, but plans aren’t nailed down yet. I’ll let you guys know as soon as I can finalize my plans

So awesome! I do hope it works out and you can make it :smiley:

I checked in with Mrs. Lobster and she has unfortunately vetoed my proposition to offer our apartment to guests - which is probably for the best as we’re not really centrally located anyway and anyone who stayed with us would have to sleep on the couch or the floor and be subject to molestation by our kitty-cats.

That said, I’d be down for sharing a hotel room with someone for the weekend, just to be closer to the action. Anyone who doesn’t want to pay full price for a room and wants a roommate can have me. I can still offer transportation services in the Lobstermobile (what it lacks in A/C, it makes up for in muffler noise) at almost any point during the weekend.

Along with Ruppy, I’ll be serving as a point of contact in the area, so if you have any questions about booking accomodations, making travel arrangements, or navigating your way here, I’d be happy to help. Please contact me via Twitter with any questions!

will most likely be looking to share hotel costs

I have been debating on staying at the hotel as well, to save on gas and to facilitate the drinking :smiley: I picked up one of the hotel coupon books at the thruway rest stop the other day. There are some good prices in that - including one of my favorite hotels for only $69 a night. Normally it is twice that or more. Sadly the coupons expire at the end of June. Chances are similar discounts will be available with the July book - but that would mean waiting until almost the last minute to make that decision. That might not be the best idea.

Well we may not have to wait that long…if the ones in the April book expire in June, maybe the ones in May will run until July???

Meaning we would only have to wait a couple weeks…

I would prefer to share a room, but still don’t know yet what my friends plans are, so I don’t want to say I will share and then not be able to come.

I need to see if I threw it out or not but I think it is quarterly. Even so It would hopefully come out in June…I’ll keep looking. The hotel I mentioned is really nice, comfy rooms, good location and great bar. So it would be great but only with a coupon like that.

So I guess we should probably coordinate which hotel…at least soon

[QUOTE=Jonolobster;410097
Just looking ahead, there are a couple of events that might be of interest:

The Rochester Pride Parade and Festival will be on Saturday July 14 and the theme is “Pride Power: Superheroes.” - http://www.gayalliance.org/pride/

The Big Rib BBQ & Blues Fest runs Thursday, July 12 through Sunday, July 15 in Highland Park. - http://www.rochesterevents.com/festivals-events/big-rib-bbq-blues-fest

In terms of venue, if we wanted to hold an “official” meetup, depending on cost, head count, and desire for inebriation, it might be fun to book a private party somewhere.

Lake Ontario Winery is right in my backyard and has a room that you can book for tastings/private parties. They have great food as well. - http://www.lakeontariowinery.com/LakeOntarioWinery/Home.html

If beer is more your style, the Rohrbach Brewing Company Brewpub is also close to where I live. They have a great beer selection and a German-themed menu. They can also host private parties. - http://www.rohrbachs.com/Rohrbachs-Brewpub.html[/QUOTE]

I personally am not that interested in the pride festival. As for blues & barbecue I’m always down for that combination. Wineries are fun as well. Bhe brewery, I’m not big on beer but that’s cool with me as well.

After driving 6 hours I’m not sure I wanna drive any significant distance again. Private party would really depend on monetary output, but that sounds good as well.

Jonolobster and I will hopefully be sitting down tomorrow over coffee and formulating a plan. As soon as we have things worked out we’ll post here. :smiley:

I’ll await the synopsis – this will be some of the only summer travel I get to do, so I have to make it count! (Bail money already squared away.)

sadly a bad case of “life” prevented the coffee. Will be trying again ASAP

Okay, scheduling sucks rocks. So Jonolobster has suggested a meetup specific hangout. So the question is what night(s) work for you and a general time frame.

I am free most nights. I am recording Friday night & possibly next Tuesday. Other than that I’m pretty flexible.

There’s the usual Geek Panel Hangout 10 PM Sunday nights, so maybe an hour before that?

Let me know which Sunday you’re planning this and I’ll make sure I’m awake for it.

So this Sunday at 9 then?

I should be able to make that but a little late. Sunday is date night this week, but he usually goes home a bit after 9.