Proof of Geek Cred...

Lets say you forgot your geek card™ at home and now need proof of your geekhood (GASP!)

What do you have on or with you at all times that can provide this service. Everyone i know carries something (ie. a leatherman made specifically for PC repair, a copy of minesweeper with a high score on expert in their cell phone, flash drive with the entire re-imagined BSG saved on it)

So, drop a line, id like to see the variety

Mine, if anyone cares (yes, i know you dont, but this is my thread so you have to read it anyway) Is a Scar, on my right middle finger knuckle, from playing Wii tenis and bashing my hand into a ceiling fan that was on high. Made the hit and won the game :slight_smile:

well i usually haul around a book of killer Su Doku, with me not always but most of the time. They’re like the crack cocaine of puzzles.

they make you feel good when your doing them you come down quickly after completing them and than you need another one.

my bag has a Blue Sun button on it. also a Dharma logo button. I think they’re pretty geekish.

I have a set of BSG dogtags with my name on them. I got they last week, it took ages to get them but they are so cool.

That is so cool. Scars are sexy but I’m notriously shallow. I got a crick in my neck while trying to Wii-tennis serve. It’s not visible so I’m guessing no geek card for me. But definately you should qualify for one X1TBL.

My laptop (don’t leave home without it) has the SG-1 logo as its network identifier.

Going one step further, my MacBook is known as the Astral Queen on-network. The name of the wireless network is, for now, Colonial One.

My laptop is the BaseStar, my 4GB flash drive is the Heavy Raider, my 80GB IPod is the Cypod, and my desktop is the Daedalus (for you SGA fans).

You could get binary tattooed on your arm. Like “In Geek We Trust”.

For one, all my shirts have some geek form to theme, from one with the cheers logo on it to another with the Transformers emblem.

But mainly my geek cred is ion how i speak, if I haven’t quoted Battlestar galactica (or more recently star trek) or some internet meme within two minutes of conversation then i have failed myself =)

Vaporizer-Info

Does wearing the required uniform of jeans and a “South Dakota BIT” polo shirt count? BIT = Bureau of Information and Telecommunications. Oh - and a beaded lanyard with my official BIT ID? I don’t carry my screwdriver anymore as token ring is dead here. I do have 2 different flashlights and a mini-leatherman on my person or in my purse at all times…

BTW - is it too geeky to admit that I would love it if systems furniture makers would mount a small light on the under-side of each desk surface so that when I crawl under there to plug stuff in/connect up a PC, there would be light that I could turn on? I only have 2 hands and those usually end up plugging stuff in so I end up connecting things up by feel or I try to hold my flashlight with my teeth. :slight_smile:

wow, I’ve got a really tiny scar on my left hand between the index finger and thumb, also from stupidly lifting my hand up so high as to reach a ceiling fan while setting up my computer for a LAN party.

Got one too (huge gash on my upper thigh) but the story changes everytime someone notices. Last time, I think I was in a bar fight on Risa. Before that while I was being chased by Hovitos in Peru.

Amen, brother! I’ve got a friend at work who supplies me. Everyday he grabs all the puzzles from the local papers. I’m a SuDoKu junkie. Good Lord have pity on me. I got a book in the upstairs night stand, basement computer desk, and one in between the couch seat cushions. Right now, I’m staring at a sudoku calendar…must resist…must finish post…urgh…

My wireless network is named Kirk. My softball jersey says Talos 4.

Geek theme T-shirts (too many to list).

I am often mumbling to myself while finishing others sentences with sci-fi references. The other day I was in a project meeting. The moderator opened with, “The proposed plan supplied by Princess Leia is to install the agent in stealth mode resistance is futile.”

My home network is called “SkyNet”. My desktop is named “Neuromancer” and my laptop is named “Wintermute”.

I carry a swiss army cybertool with me.

There is a gargoyle, a lego boat and the robot from Lost in Space sitting on my desk at work.

I have a USB drive with a complete TV series on it but it isn’t BSG at the moment; it’s Primeval.

I also have a USB memory stick with a complete Apache web server on it (including PHP and MySQL.)

I have a key chain that detects wireless networks.

My iPhone is literally full of season 3 of BSG…

I wear a yellow rubber bracelet that says “Tux is my Homeboy” and has a penguin on it.

My t-shirts are only geek themed. My wife gets irritated that I do all of my clothes shopping on http://www.thinkgeek.com and http://www.jinx.com.

I, too, have a scar on my hand, but it is from a cheese grater so it is not geeky. Just felt like sharing.

If anyone were to check my podcast list on my ipod, I think that would be sufficient to prove the geekiness. Lot of geeky stuff there.

The GF and I watched third season TOS for Valentine’s Day.

I think we’re done here…

The whole thing or just ‘The Enterprise Incident’. You know how Spock gets the ladies in the mood and he was putting the moves on the Romulan commander.

Our honeymoon