Poll for "Our Mrs. Reynolds" (potential spoiler)

Your first time through “Our Mrs. Reynolds,” did Saffron fool you? Before the reveal, did you think she was a helpless li’l gal from the boondocks of space?

I believed her. I’m a total sucker.

I can’t remember exactly, but I think Inara tipped me off.

How should I answer if I was too busy staring at her? I had no idea what she was saying or what was going on. I think at some point I was like, “Oh right. I’m watching a Firefly episode.” I kept pausing and rewinding. I think there was a slow and a zoom, as well. I love TV. You aren’t bothered by the person saying, “Um. Eyes. Up here.” I hate when that happens.

I think this qualifies as a fooled or perhaps Other. Judges?

Fooled by her womanly wiles is still fooled. That’s how she got Mal.

I fell for it, too, and I’m usually pretty good at sussing those things out.

I was completely fooled. That was great fun ! That alone made me love the episode (plus a dozen other reasons).

fraid not; after years of following joss; it tend to lead to a fella seeing betrayal around the corner in his shows.

she fooled me… i guess is hould know something is wrong, but i am no Zoe for sure…

Aside from the fact that its a Joss show, and thats a whole lot of hint right there, she doesnt tip her hand at all in the beginning. You only start to get an inkling thats somethings fishy when she slips into her role as ‘wife’ so easily and aggressively. Then she makes her move and wam! Its all down hill from there.

That’s the thing with sci-fi and alien / foreign cultures. You don’t really know if someone is acting weird or normal. She may, as she says, being following her customs for being a good wife. This is one of the aspects I love about the sci-fi genre being able to throw the audience off-kilter.

was completely and utterly fooled. hanging on every word she said I didn’t expect her true nature for a nanosec.

I already voted that I wasn’t fooled, and now I feel left out. Silly, I know.

But, I just want people to know that the little girl in Epitaph One had me completely fooled. So, hot woman acting submissive, no go. Little girl with an innocent act, there’s no way Whedon would exploit our feelings of innocence and girl scouts… d:

Not only was I fooled, I was almost fooled again in Trash for a minute there.

why did I beleive her at first?

…she’s hot
…She seemed “helpless”
…she’s hot
…she seemed totally into Mal
…she’s hot
…she played the guilt card subtley
…and did I mention she was hot?

I wasn’t fooled…she never shed a tear when Mal said she wasn’t his wife and she supposedly was crying:

And this look towards Book after he says “I believe you did” should be the tell for you:

huh? sorry I was looking at her doleful eyes and amazing lips…
…I’ll be in my bunk

Well, had Joss left the River scenes in the episode, River would have hinted at what she is up to.

Judging by your signature quote, you also enjoy the cut River scene…

i wonder what River really meant when she talks about marrying Simon.

…Not to mention she’s got huge…tracts of land. And
…she’s hot.

Color me bamboozled.

Totally fooled.

So sweet and cute with them big beutiful eyes and a smoking hot redhead, then she gets confusingly agressive/submissive and a smoking hot redhead and then all deadly arsekicking smoking hot redhead.

Here and in Trashed and even after seeing all of that I would so be dead.