NYC Meetup in May

So is this definitely going to be an afternoon thing, and we’re going to eat after?
Just trying to know for my own scheduling…

I am open to anything really - just putting the suggestion out there. I personally would prefer to do a midafternoonish movie and then dinner. But it really depends on what everyone wants to do.

Just figured that way those of us traveling distances can get home before the wee hours of the morning, and don’t have to leave to get there in the wee hours of the morning.

I’ll have to check with a few people on which is better for me…I know at least one of my friends wants to come along for the movie, gotta see when she’s able to get there too…but I know I can get there whenever, just would seem trippy to me to come out and see daylight :cool:

I am now leaning towards going/ being able to go to this.
My preference would be to do it in the afternoon or late afternoon and then eat afterwords as well, but I can probably make most times. Traditional 2D film would be preferable to me, but I don’t feel that strongly.

Oh, and can somebody invite me to the Facebook event?

Out of frying pan into fire. Looks like that MEETING I was possibly going to have on Saturday is now on for that Monday after. All good. Last night I got word my cousin is in hospice with stage 4 lung cancer. She has been battling this for a year. Not sure if it’s eminent or if we have weeks here. Either way looks like my life is gonna be more complicated for awhile. So as of now still a tentative yeas for Sat. that might change though.

Are you and I friends on there (I am Kristin Wall on there)…let me know what your name is on there and I will invite you.

My train tickets are purchased, and I have the day off. I should be getting in to Penn Station a little before 11 AM. I’ll need to leave about 7:45 PM. Otherwise, I’m open to whatever y’all decide.

Can’t wait! :smiley:

So I guess you aren’t coming to my how first? Assuming you are taking Amtrak?

I could probably meet you in Penn Station at 11…just gotta sync the NJ Transit schedule…

I’m completely in for Saturday. I live in Queens, NY, so its a quick subway ride to the city.
Might I also suggest,
The Lowes Lincoln Square Theatre (Is anybody up for IMAX if its available?)
The Lowes E-Walk in Times Square (Very clean, good sound system)
The Zigfield Theatre (Classic, lovely, understated)

I’m not sure which of these theaters are screening the film, but I would not like to go the the Empire 25 (last time I was there there was a rat running around the floor while I was watching War Horse. Needless to say, I’ve been avoiding it ever since)

Let me know where the main meet up place will be, and I’ll be there.

SOOOOOOO Exicted!

Funny you would mention this. I just got an email from AMCLowes. They are doing at selected theaters a marathon tomorrow of all the films. Iron man, Thor, Iron man 2, Capt America and The Hulk followed by the midnight showing of Avengers. All for a 40.00 ticket along with your choice of real3d character glasses (cap, hulk,IM,Thor). The Lincoln Square facility is one of the places participating in it.

They started doing direct service from Lancaster. A lot easier than driving two hours first. :slight_smile:

Unfortunately, I need to leave earlier, as the Lancaster station closes at midnight.

That is so flipping awesome. I love theater marathons. I saw all 3 lord of the rings movies in a row.

I’m not a huge fan of 3D glasses, they make my eyes hurt. But I love the lincoln square theater. And its right next to the Met Opera House, so beautiful. Would you happen to know if they are doing IMAX?

I much prefer the 2D version too…not a big fan of the 3D gimmick…IMAX is most appealing though :slight_smile:

Another vote for IMAX, another against 3D.

I prefer IMAX to 3D. Also, if all goes well, I may be in the city by 4:00 PM. I’ll be leaving work at 1:30P and running to the train station and then to the city. If you all do the movie before then, then I’ll catch up with you all for dinner.

Nope sorry don’t know yet. Just the advertisement for the marathon.

I looked it up. I got the following info from the IMAX website.

New York
AMC Empire 25 & IMAX
AMC Kips Bay 15 & IMAX
AMC Loews 34th Street 14 & IMAX
AMC Loews Port Chester 14 & IMAX
AMC Stony Brook 17 & IMAX
Cinemark Tinseltown USA & IMAX
City Center: Cinema de Lux & IMAX
Regal Crossgates Mall Stadium 18 & IMAX
Regal Deer Park Stadium 16 & IMAX
Regal New Roc City 18 & IMAX
Regal Sheepshead Bay Stadium 14 & IMAX
Regal Transit Center 18 & IMAX
UA Westbury Stadium 12 & IMAX

I am OK with IMAX (as long as we get there early enough to sit further back - if we are in the first 10 rows it bothers me)- we just need to pick one…for the NYers - which would be best/easily accessible for us?

We have people coming from the North (CT, arriving at Grand Central I assume), from the South (coming in to Penn Station), N. Jerssy (not sure if coming in on NJ Transit or PATH), Long Island (coming in to Penn Station) and then the folks from around NYC (Queens, Upper West Side that I know of off the top of my head).

I am thinking we should pic some where either Central to everyone or at lease easily accessible from the Subway.

Once we pick a theater we can pick a time (or we can pick a couple theaters and pick the best time)

Don’t blame you not wanting to have to drive the 2 hours first.

I am thinking I can meet you in Penn when you get there and we can go from there

Well if I take the train it’s Penn Station. If I take the light rail to Hoboken it’s the Path to 34th street. Either I’m right next to Penn. Just have to walk abit down the street. I used to take the LIRR from Glen Cove to go home from College. I would walk from Penn down the street to Gimbles (Now a Vertical mall) to get into the Path. Also you can catch a subway to either Grand Central or from there to Penn. If we meet at GC we could either meet at the center clock or at the Apple Store. If at Penn I’d say either at Tim Horton’s or Krispy Kream (I got a Joneses for Doughnuts).:smiley: