NYC Meetup in May

There was some discussion of getting together in NYC this May. We were planning to watch The Avengers, which comes out on May 4. Does that day work for everyone, or would a weekend day be better?

The Friday looks very likely for me, I just need to get closer to the actual day to be sure of this… we going to see it in Times Square I take it?

That is around my birthday, so I will probably be partying at home. Will have to see though.

I would prefer the Sat, just because of work and stuff, but I may be able to be flexible as long as it is later in the day. I also was going to make sure we include the crue what isn’t here all that often, if at all (Steviespin, Yorrick and Tanu come to mind).

I would also prefer the theater we went to that is on 34th (at least I think it is on 34th).

Hmmm… Will see If this is feasible. If I can make it, the weekend would would be the only way I could make it.

I have a pretty fair shot, as-of-yet booked gigs notwithstanding, so consider me for ‘aye’ until further notice. =)

The more I think about it the more I lean to Saturday too, less hassle with rushing and work and the like makes it easier to just hop on a train and get out there!

Saturday is doable but tough. I will need to know by this weekend though to be able to get the day off, otherwise I’ll have to wait a week.

I’ve put in for Saturday May 5th for my day off. I’ll find out in two or three days if I get the day off.

Doesn’t look as if I can make it for this one. My store is still in shambles and short staffed. And it’s too soon after the meetup for me to put in for vacation time.

I can make it friday evening or on saturday all day. I would love to finally meet everybody!

also, May 1st is my b-day! woot woot!

Unfortunately May 5th is a No Go for me. :frowning: Three people in the department had already asked for the day off and we will be really short staffed.

If we can postpone for one week till May 12th, I should be good for that.

Ok - I am thinking May 5th seems to work for most of us. I would like to see opening weekend, and I am not sure I will be available the next weekend.

I started an event on Facebook for those that don’t frequent here (I am sure I either missed a few or don’t have you friended on FB - if so let me know and I will forward/friend you).

Right now I am thinking that we will go to the theater near Penn Station. Any thoughts on lunch before or after the movie? Anybody have a preference on theaters?

Since Badger and I are coming from a bit of a distance I would say the earliest we could be up there is noon or just after. Times don’t seem to be posted just yet.

Don’t know if I will be able to make this or not. I assume we would buy tickets ahead of time? If that is the case then I will try to let you know when I know, otherwise maybe I’ll show up that day and maybe I wont. :slight_smile:

This is something I can do. Love to finally see you all (or some at least). Either Friday or Saturday will work as of now. Haven’t been to a movie in months. Had to catch Thor and CA on blu ray. So want to see this on the Big Screen. Follow up to this might be seeing Prometheus the next month.

I think I visit here more than I do facebook. I’m totally in for the 5th. Please let me know the details so I can finally meet you guys.

If you all are still getting together on May 5th, I’ll talk to my Supervisor and see if he can schedule me for an early shift. I wouldn’t make the movie, but I might be able to make a dinner. I’ll let you all know how that works out.

Of course things change. Now I may have a meeting that day that I HAVE TO BE AT. No If AND or BUTS about it. I’ll know more next week. Hopefully it will be early enough i can get to the meet. Or we have it earlier in the week.

OK so far there is a AMC Lowes at 12:30 and 3:45. Other option is AMC Empire 25 (Times Square) 12:20, 1, 1:40, 4:20 and 5:30. Any other theater suggestions? These are the 2 theaters I have been to.

I am assuming non-3D, and an afternoon showing. Please reach out to those who may not see this. I also posted on Facebook.