New York Comic Con - October 13 - 16, 2011

Any GWCers going to New York Comic Con (or in the NYC area) interested in a meetup?

I’ll be there if I can get a new minion hired and trained in time, and if I can get my vacation scheduled and approved.

I might possibly go Friday or Saturday (depends on the Devils schedule since I have season tickets, or if I can sell them off)…Def. not on the Sunday, my bartenders would hunt me down and drag me back for football…but I’ve always wanted to go and it’s so close to home after all…

I am in! At least in some capacity. I can organize a midtown lunch that fits everyone’s schedules that makes sense with Comiccon…hmm, could be interesting.

I’ve gone like 3 out of the last 4 years so I’m down.

As I said on Twitter - I will be there at least 1 of the days. Not sure I can make it up Friday to hang with the NYC Crue, but hoping we can all meet-up on Saturday at some point. Last year I know we met up with Talos and Mrs Talos for dinner.

But then again if we can arrange a Sat lunch that would be awesome.

I had been seriously considering it but just found out I have a conference to travel for the week before so I don’t know now. Meh.

:frowning:

Well maybe you can still make it, or maybe we can go to one in the Baltimore/DC area.

I’ll be there Thursday thru Sunday. I’m going with non-GWC friends but can be available at any time for a meetup!

You lost me. Non-GWC friends? What is that?

We-GWC don’t bite. ahem Much. Well, nibble…if tempted.

Poor unfortunate souls. I’m taking pity on them and chaperoning their visit to NYC. Sad.

Excellent! Should make up for an interesting meetup. :slight_smile:

I’m in, for at least one day. I would love to do another Lunch in the park and go to American Museum of Natural History for a day in addition to the NYCC stuff. I haven’t done a vacation this year so this would have to take it’s place. Because I work in retail, I need a good bit of lead time if I need to ask for weekends off, so the sooner we nail this down, the better.

Have they listed the panels for the con yet? That will help me decide which day(s) I would prefer to go.

Solai: Are you still weekdays only or could you make a weekend meetup?

I will refer you to the four month old Baby Tightpants as the answer. :wink:

Yay! Baby Tightpants is coming to the meetup! That’s what you meant, right?

Yes! There are some fun small things in this area.

If you say yes, I’ll book NOW. BEBES! CUTE BEBES!

Don’t know if I am going to the Con, but if you guys do a lunch meet-up I could probably go to that.

His wee little Browncoat is the cutest thing you have ever seen.

Agreement here – still have a bit of a sour taste from last year, and not sure if I want to see how the Con seeks to repair some of the broken “logistic” elements, but if anyone is rallying locally for meals, drinks, or taking to the streets in a flurry of oddity, I’m down for a train ticket to Manhattan, or even driving any CT/Putnam County peeps who want to carpool.

I’m down with this. I live in the City, but don’t really have the time to spend it over on The West Side for that long lol!