New GWC Podcast: Need Your Input!

So we’ve been kicking around an idea for a second GWC podcast, but I think we really need your input to determine if it’s something that would work or not.

Here’s the basic idea: Sean and I have been considering adding a more rough-n-tumble podcast – not raunchy, but not exactly what we normally do with GWC, either. Think more cutting up. You get the idea. We also thot it’d be fun to give listeners more fo a say in what we discuss. So we were thinking – what if we allowed listeners to select the topics each week?

I’m thinking that we could maybe set up a Digg-style site where anyone interested could register and submit news, story ideas, discussion topics, whatever and vote on 'em. Each week we’d take, say, the top five and do an exactly-one-hour podcast on 'em. (Note that the purpose of the site would not be Digg-like. Hell, it’d make no difference to us if the top five topics differed by two votes out of six because there are only a few people driving. But we would need a couple of people to drive. Come to think of it, it’d be really fun for the early people because we’ll almost certainly end up discussing their topics. :))

So our questions are:

[ol]
[li]Does this sound like fun to you?[/li][li]Would you be willing to check the site and add a couple of suggested topics each week, then vote on the ones you see?[/li][li]Baltar?[/li][/ol]
Thanks for taking a minute to let us know!

No Audra? :frowning:

Otherwise sounds pretty cool. Maybe then you can get all your videogaming talk done. I like the idea of the Digg-style site if you can pull it off. It might be a better idea to just integrate it into the main site, though.

I’d certainly check it out and dig/bury stuff.

1. Yes!
  2. Yes!
  3. Yes!

I think it sounds like a great idea. You can never get too much of the GWC crew.

I’d Listen. I just started listening to your Tool Talk podcast as well (oddly enough every time i goto Home Depot or Lowes). I can always go in for one more Chuck and Sean Cast

We’re not sure yet that Audra would have the time, but hopefully she’d participate too. Maybe we could guest her in when she can make it. :slight_smile:

How close to digg are we talking? Is this GalacticaDiggnation? (GalacticNation? News of the Spheres?) Will there be beer during the podcast? Are any topics inappropriate even if they get lots and lots of votes?

Yeah if you make a whole new site, it would need a lot of moderation. If there is anything even remotely inappropriate there you KNOW it is going to be the top story.

How about a forum for nominations and then a poll of the stuff that you actually want/can talk about? At least to kick it off. A Digg-style site seems like way too much work IMO, but if you really want to do it, go ahead.

I think it’s an awesome idea. Proceed on course at Warp factor 7.

No way…Warp 9, Spin around the Sun, Go back in time and create the podcast 3 months ago so i can have a back catalog to listen to while listening to the new ones!!

It’d depend on what kinds of topics you folks would discuss, really, but I’d certainly be open to it; you guys give good 'cast.

You mean minus the entertaining hosts and millions of users? Um, not that close. :slight_smile:

Kinda! We hadn’t really thot too much about a name yet.

Yes, there well might be.

Nope. What the hell, right?

Hmm…I think I need to dig into my pocket and give you a quarter for that one.
That was a first class geek reply.

i too am alway down for a lil/ alot of extra gwc… so lets make this happen :slight_smile: anytime u need a “butt” for the jokes, im in there

I’m in it would be great to have another podcasts to have, sounds like fun, hope to hear more.

As funny as you guys are when you censor yourselves, I can only imagine how funny you’ll be when you just let it roll.

I’m in.

But, having never used anything like digg, I might need a crash course in how this will work. I’m sure it won’t take me long to figure it out.

Would this be part of the forum? Or something altogether separate?

So our questions are:

[ol]
[li]Does this sound like fun to you?
[/li]> [li]Would you be willing to check the site and add a couple of suggested topics each week, then vote on the ones you see?
[/li]> [li]Baltar?
[/li]> [/ol]
Thanks for taking a minute to let us know!

Sounds good to me! I’d love to have some more ChuSean(dra) to listen to. :smiley:

I don’t think this is what you intend for this podcast, but I’m dying to hear a podcast where you Chuck just let loose with your normal uncensored Chuck-voice—no bleeped profanity.:slight_smile:

I love this idea!! Sounds like Smodcast with user generated content. I am down with all crew generated content. Perhaps it could be called Smegcast? :smiley:

I think another podcast is a great idea, and I have been suffering from a lack of almost daily ChuSean(dra) since the webisodes ended. I have talked to Chuck on the After Frak party so I think I would be good with any more mature language etc. My only thought about a Smodcast like program, please less about men and glass bottles. After hearing a couple of people mention how funny the podcast was I downloaded the most recent episode (last week) and it was a little much for me. :slight_smile:

Dooo eeeeet!!!