New England Fans

How 'bout a New England based meetup ?? Any takers ??

Whereabouts in New England? I am in the CT/NYC area.

Jeeze, what are we, the only BSG fans in New England ?? North of the Mason-Dixon line ?? I’m in southeastern MA, so anywhere is cool.

I’m in the CT/NYC area too, Danbury to be exact…

You know if you all come down to the NYC area for the day I would consider taking the train up…and there are definately some fans in NYC. Granted I am not sure how far you all are.

There is a con coming to your area if you are interested - it is Nov 2-4 in Springfield, MA. Aaron Douglas and Nikki Clyne will be in attendance. Let me know if you want more details

I was seriously considered driving up if just to see Aaron again - he is a blast in person.

I would love to see Boston. Anybody game for there or CT? I am just north of Philly. I would prefer a NYC meet-up first since there are so many folk there. Or North Jersey. I’m originally from Bloomfield, NJ (right near the Meadowlands in Soprano country).

I’m game to try pretty much anywhere, just have to work out logistics of where to stay if it’s NYC. The convention in Springfield, MA caught my attention…I’ve never been to one and almost tried DragonCon this year, but got scared off by the difficulty in getting a room down there and the sheer size of the operation. I’d definately go to the MA con if others were interested.

Raemani, could you post a little more info about the convention in Springfield, website etc.? It would be tough for me because of all of the papers due around that time, but I would try to make that one.

I found this, seems to be the site.

http://www.unitedfancon.com

Might be fun, I’ve always wanted to meet Will Robinson !
“Oh dear !!”

FYI, I’ve heard that if you try to call Henry Winkler “Fonzi”, large bodyguards appear and rend you limb from limb. Just a tip.

And it’s expensive too…

Wow…Aaron Douglas will be there! He never appears at conventions!

…oh wait. No. Strike that. Reverse that. Thank you.

OK. I realize after looking through the Con’s site that this is probably not a state of the art gathering. In fact, without Cally and Tyrol attending, I would probably not consider going. But, since it is within a very reasonable driving distance, and BSG will be represented, and yes, I would actually like to meet Billy Mumy (the guy wrote “Fish Heads”, for God sake, in addition to being Will R), I am going. And, more importantly, I have my wife’s OK to go. So there. I will be there. I’ll make some type of reservation in the area for the weekend and those of you who have reasonable hygiene and no felony records will be welcome to crash on the floor, couch, or whatever horizontal area remains in my room. Unless those Stormtrooper gals show up. They have first dibs.

I’m going… Who’s going to meet up ?? Can you imagine what we could wrangle out of Aaron regarding season 4 ??

If convention reports are accurate, you will find Aaron in the bar. Go with a recording device, buy him a few drinks and hit “record”

heheheheheheh

Got reservations for Fri-Sat-Sun. Will bother Aaron and Nicki until they break down and profess their love for Alpacas.

Hi guys,
Sorry for being “johnny come lately” to this thread, but I too am a New Englander. New Hampshire, to be precise.
-Jeff

Likewise, hence the “swamp yankee”

rural-very rural-vermont to be precise.

That’s cool Lucky. There’s no reason why New Hampshire and Vermont people shouldn’t live in peace and harmony. Let nothing stand between us—except, well, the Conneticut river of course.
-Thot

Indeed!

Hey, any other patriot fans? C’mon it the New England thread, there has to be!

Well, I’m kind of a “Fair Weather” fan when it comes to sports. So when the Red Sox are in the World Series, I start watching. So I only watched four baseball games this year :wink: That’s all they needed!
Same with football, if/when the Patriots get close to getting in the SuperBowl, I’ll start watching.
-Thot