NaNoWriMo 2010

Who’s in for this year? I’m gonna try it for the first time. Gotta new book idea I’m wanting to play with.

Maybe I will give it a whirl this year… According to Sean’s comments on my writing I should have no problem meeting the quota.:smiley:

As long as they take the “Nano” part seriously, I’m in.

Maybe. Trying to get back into the habit of writing.

Might focus on revising my two from '07 and '08 instead of actually participating this year. Didn’t participate last year because I closed on my house on October 30.

Mine would be NaDissWriMo, but I’d be happy to join in if you guys are OK with it…

The more the merrier! What I noticed last year was how left out I felt, there was so much creative energy floating around. November is actually quiet this year for us, so I should be able to pull it off.

It’s okay to outline & character sketch before hand right?

I am going to try this year.

I am not sure about the rules… But I am sure they have a website to check about such matters right?

http://www.nanowrimo.org/

I can confirm that I’ll be along for the ride.

I’ve discovered the hard way that I’m not much of a writer, but I’m a mean editor. I’m willing to take the ol’ red pen to a story or two if anyone wants…

how about a one-time-at-band-camp story? heheh… :stuck_out_tongue:

Trust me, not much editing gets done during NaNoWriMo. The most I did the two years I’ve participated was strike-throughs on stuff I thought of better ways to say (so I’d still get word count credit on the original :wink: ).

I might take you up on it though. I’m trying to go through and revise my stories from when I participated, but getting another perspective on what I have so far could be helpful.

I’m in, and got a friend at work onboard too.

I’m in (I might be stretching the definition of “National” though). I felt left out last year too with everyone all excited about it. That and I have a character that sits in the back of my brain and glares at me all day. He wants his story told dang it :wink:

It’s been years since I wrote anything seriously (fictional anyway) so it will be interesting.

I’m in too. I may have gotten my friend at work to do it with me. This sounds like a lot of fun!

I told myself that as a reward for hitting 50k words last year, I wouldn’t be doing it this year. And yet…

I think I might just set a smaller goal that’s still writing every day, since I know I can.

Might I suggest a different kind of Frak party during NaNoWriMo? We could all be writing. It would be fun to log in, write for an hour or two and then post how we did. I’m all for doing anything that keeps motivation up & builds community, especially since this is my first time.

Thoughts or other ideas?

Can we start that before november so I can get an outline going? <_<

Last year doing something similar on the NaNo forums kept me going. Ten minute word wars are GREAT for writing all-out for just long enough to keep your attention span from flying off into a million places. A couple of word wars a day there at the beginning gave me a great buffer that I completely wasted once holiday travel and illness set in! (Incedentally, writing witha fever is torture at the time but unbridled hilarity when you go back and read it later.)