NaNoWriMo 2010 Word Count Thread

Happy first day of NaNoWriMo GWC! I thought it would be nice to have a separate thread for word count praises. Today I did 1,611 words in two sessions. I’m thrilled to hit the 1,600 mark on the first day. I’ve been in my old novel so long, it’s actually quite exciting to be with new people.

I hope everyone had a great first day.

I’ve done three.

I am at 1533 words so far and still typing! Is anyone having difficulty uploading to the Nano site? It wont let me in :frowning:

giggle

I get it.

There are my three.

Giggle counts, man. Giggle counts.

I wondered about that. Does I’ve count as one word or two? Or better put, do contractions count as one or two?

Are we supposed to do it daily? I thought that we were only supposed to do that when we were done… I got a very late start, kept stalling, unsure what to write. I finally decided to use a character I haven’t used in a few years, thought it would be more fresh and challenging. I just finished for the day at 1,669!:slight_smile:

This is my first time doing this, but for me I figured it was easier to upload my word count every day. That way I can look back and see how far I progress throughout the month.

1,669 is fraking ossim Omra! I am Kirokai on the nano forums if you want to be a writing buddy :slight_smile:

Sure!

It takes forever for the site and pages to load, but I managed to paste my stuff in there. However it duplicated by pages, so I am now credited with 3340 words instead… And it won’t let me in to remove the duplicate words, how stupid it that???

If I remember correctly from the 2 years I did it, the site tends to be really slow the first 4 days of the month or so. After that, they either get more bandwidth or enough people stop updating regularly so that the site gets back to being halfway decent.

Contractions are one word, but you can expand them for two.

Everybody talks like Data in NaNoWriMo novels.

I finished an adittional 1,918 words, which brings my total to 3,587. But when I added everything onto the site my total dropped to 1,919… say what?:eek:

I am clearly doing something wrong, yesterday it doubled my words and today it took away words. And the site is as slow as an overweight beaureaucrat on valium, I thought I wouldn’t even be able to get on it took so long. But somehow it did not time out.

Anyways today went much better, yesterday was like pulling teeth. Today I was actually visualizing and thinking in character. It is on the verge of becoming fun…

I have written 4,306 words so far! Woot!

Are you copying everything, including previous days work and pasting it into the word counter? It should give you an accurate count that way.

Congrats!

No I was thinking that it would add them together, based upon what happened yesterday. I’ll try it again in one huge batch tommorrow.:slight_smile:

I only got about 600 words today and this afternoon I found out that my group got picked for jury selection, so that takes away my writing time in the morning. I guess I’ll bring the laptop to the courthouse tomorrow and see how that goes. I don’t want to get horribly behind. I’m hoping I won’t get picked for duty, which I know is very unpatriotic.

I’m having trouble with the site too, it’s very congested. I’ve had people say they’ve added me as a buddy, but I don’t them. Maybe when the site calms down it will be better.

Happy writing all!

Just found this thread! WOOT!

But I was drained today and couldn’t do anything, so I’m way behind now. :frowning:

How do you get the little widget thing to show up in your signature?

ETA: I was having trouble all day yesterday trying to get into the site. Today I have been using www.nanowrimo.org/eng/node instead of www.nanowrimo.org and it’s let me in every time.

Two days of writing and I’m at 2180. Meh.

I got in about 500 words here in the jury waiting area, but they played THE BLIND SIDE on the TV and that was distracting. It’s really frustrating have this right at the beginning when I’m trying to get in a groove/schedule.

I’m also at the point where I think the book is crap, even this early, but I will get past that. Once I have a draft, I can reshape it, I just need to move forward.

We can do this people!!!

I did a little over 1000 words today for a total word count of 6,148. I am so done with this today. My brain feels mushy.