most informative podcast BSG

just started watching BSG and i am loving it. can i get some recommendations on fun and informative podcasts out there that really get into every episode. thanks

Well, Galactica Watercooler for one. Most of the podcasts from before March 2009 were about BSG episodes.

http://www.galacticwatercooler.com/category/Podcast/page/21/

BSG executive producer/mastermind Ronald D. Moore cut commentary podcasts for a lot of the episodes. Not so many at first, but as the show goes on, he covers almost every episode.

This link will take you to season 1, and has links to the rest:

http://www.syfy.com/battlestar/downloads/podcast.php?seas=1

thanks for the suggestions

be sure to not listen to any recent Galactica Watercooler podcasts until after you’ve finished the show,dont want to get spoiled. in fact, don’t listen to the new episodes at all, the shows been craaaaap since galactica went off the air.

That last bit is in dispute.

you’re entitled to your thoughts,obviously. but I feel the show has no direction and has become just a endless chain of interviews and listener feedback. way too many voice mails,way too many segments that are supposed to be funny but arn’t. the fantasy sci-fi league was horrible. theres a reason these guys are doing a podcast and not writing sci-fi.

cutting the firefly discussion up into a million pieces over many episodes was the last straw for me. they’re just searching for things to talk about at this point,its like a bad sitcom that makes up ridiculous story lines because the show has been going so long they have no ideas left.

obviously though,most people don’t agree with me.

I believe you got this part correct.

Huh. Well, to each their own.

Hmmm. I’d say that yes, most people on the forum would not agree with your harsh impressions of the podcasts of late.

I always wonder why these sorts of posts happen. If you don’t enjoy it, why are you still listening? Why bother coming to the forum and complaining about it? Why not just go elsewhere and find something that you do enjoy, rather than taking the time to complain about something that you clearly no longer have any interest in? What possible entertainment could that bring you? Do you enjoy being annoyed and sharing that annoyance with others?

lol wow. what I don’t understand is how I cant even comment negatively on anything on these boards without someone jumping down my throat. nobody has this problem when I criticize Caprica, but the podcast? thats beyond being judged subjectively right?its just perfect.

im clearly not still listening to the podcast, as per what I said. the community has nothing to do that subject.

what possible entertainment could it provide you to bash ANYONE who disagrees with you? I don’t go around here making troll threads,I barely post, why should I have to be harassed by a mod? im allowed to post my opinion on a topic,sorry if that offends you.

the friendlyest group in sci-fi…OR ELSE!

I really doubt Chuck,sean and Audra made this message board because they wanted only positive feedback on their show. you should really grow up and not take things that arn’t even directed at you personally.

just ban me then,I dont want to be in a place where I have to restrict personal freedom because someone is overly sensitive about a podcast.

there’s a difference between feedback and trolling. when in your longer post you harshed on things you don’t like about the show without offering how you think it could be improved, then adding the words “theres a reason these guys are doing a podcast and not writing sci-fi” , the only thing you are feeding is hate, your own hate.

no one was attacking you and i do hope you take up one your own grow up advice. Badger was simply asking why you would spend time writing that long post, the one you refer to as “feedback”.

“friendly” means welcoming people no matter what their interests are, or how much they enjoy the podcast. but troll tolerance isn’t a requirement for “friendliness”.

if you do have actual feedbacks for the show, like what the crew could talk about that would interest you, i’m sure people are willing to listen. there’s actually a thread for that called podcast arc suggestion.

Personally I haven’t seen anyone bash you, just post in disagreement with your opinion. Badger asked the questions that I asked myself about your original post. It’s called trying to understand why you feel the way you do about the podcast content and why you felt the need to bash on it and the Crue. Badger wasn’t moderating you, nor was I, nor was Pike. Just posting our opinions/disagreement with your post or asking questions about your post.

Negative opinions are as welcome as positive opinions on here. That’s how they/we know what to try to improve on. But ultimately the Crue decides what the podcast content it is. Everyone is free to listen or not and post about what they like or dislike. Just expect that you will be getting questions/feedback on what you post if someone doesn’t share your opinion.

As you can see from our responses that a good portion of us who have been Alpacas for a long time are a bit protective of the Crue and this forum. We love this community and the podcast format. You don’t and no doubt there are others that share your opinion, that’s fine. :slight_smile:

Moderator hat

We don’t ban people because they don’t share the same opinion about this forum or the podcast. We try to make this a place that everyone is welcome and free to state their opinions. Trolling and personal attacks are not welcome or tolerated.

/Moderator hat

Hey there. My name’s Solai. Pleasure to meet you.

First and foremost, no, I hope that you don’t feel that people are jumping down your throat. Let me be clear on this point: Saying you don’t agree with direction or form of the podcast is fine and welcome. In the spirit of this community that is however only half a statement. Not including your thoughts and feedback about what your vision for the podcast doesn’t help us understand your thoughts.

Does that make sense? I hope it does. It involves some critical thinking and feedback. You’re welcome to say you don’t like the direction of the podcast but without expressing your thoughts about what would improve the podcast it is half a statement.

I personally look forward to your feedback and thoughts about what would improve the show.

I never, in any way, attacked you (until now :p).

I merely asked questions, questions that you clearly have no rational answers for. Suggesting that you find another podcast to listen to if you no longer enjoy this one in no way indicates that you are not welcome here. If, as you say, you haven’t listened to the 'cast in quite some while, why do you still hold such vitriol about it? The podcast is free. No one owes you anything. If you think you can do better, please do so.

You were not, by any stretch of the imagination, “harassed by a mod”. The fact that I am fully capable of editing or deleting your post or even banning you outright is ample proof of that, as none of those things happened to you. Such things don’t happen here. You have been here long enough to have seen that for yourself.

Saying that your post was not directed at me personally is ludicrous. You posted it to the public forum. I am not just a moderator; I am also a forum member (a prolific one, as you can tell by my post count) and was long before I was a mod. A public post, by definition, invites response from the community at large. If you intended your criticism solely for Chuck, Sean, and Audra, you should have directed it to them privately.

Yes. We are friendly. To a point.

And even after all that, you are not banned. None of your posts have been nor will be edited or deleted. Your personal freedoms have not been restricted. Part of having personal freedom is recognizing that other people have it also and may choose to exercise it in ways that you don’t necessarily agree with. That’s life.

I’ll echo dxferris statement. I really enjoyed listening to the Ron Moore podcasts and I would listen to it audio comenntary style in synch with watching the show (often drinking scotch as Ron Moore would do on the podcast). Great behind the scenes insights into the decisions and the story develoment of each episode. So definitely, RDM podcasts: most informative.

In terms of fun though, Galactica Watercooler is it. Really fun listening to it getting Chuck, Sean and Audra’s thoughts and predictions along the way. A weekly treat and sharing the experience of Battlestar Galactica along with them. And later in the show’s years, GWC got some awesome interviews with a vareity of actors— Ron Moore for a short live bit, some writers, Sam Anders, Tom Zarek…Kat (those are the character names cuz I’m blanking on the actors names right now). Great stuff. Not that familiar honestly with other BSG podcasts, but I know I’ve had a ball listen to GWC over the years.

And except for Solai, Gryper, and Badgerspoon, everyone on the forum is really friendly (I"M KIDDING :smiley: )

Banned. :rolleyes:

!!! :eek:

If you’re watching BSG on Netflix IW I don’t know that this is an option, but the DVDs actually have the podcasts as the “audio commentary” track, so you don’t have to worry about trying to get the sound and the action lined up. That said, RDM did have a few times where he slipped up and mentioned things earlier than he perhaps should have, so if you want to avoid spoilerage you probably want to see a few episodes ahead before you go back and listen to his commentary (though I’ll echo ferris and Thot, the commentary is excellent).

Back in the day I tried out a few other Galactica podcasts but this is the only one I really enjoyed, so for me it was just GWC and the RDM stuff.