Monthly (weekly) Drunken G+ meetup

This is the Official thread for the Monthly Drunken G+ Hanout

If you are unfamiliar with this, once a month everyone in the GWC community who has had a craaaaaaapy week and/or just wants to catch up with friends joins a Hangout on Google Plus. This is a video conference with up to 10 members who swap out often as computers crash, internet glitches and people get tired. It is recommended you have the following if you wish to join::
1. A Computer with an internet connection
2. A Google Plus Account.
3. A microphone that works on your computer and speakers
4. A webcam that works with your computer (3&4 can be purchased at WallyMart as a package for around $20)
5. Booze of some sort, for drinking with the Offical Drunken G+ Hangout Drinking Game

And thats pretty much it. Next post… The Rules

The rules of the Monthly Drunken G+ Hangout are as follows

#1. Anytime a person joins or leaves; Everyone takes a Drink
#2. Anytime anyone has Technical Issues with their computer; Everyone Takes a Drink
#3. Anytime Juan Impersonates anyone or sings; Everyone Takes a Drink
#4. Anytime anyone finishes their drink; Everyone Takes a Drink
#5. If there is ever 5 solid seconds of silence; Everyone Takes a Drink
#6. If you attempt to show something on camera w/o making noise to appear on camera; You Take 2 Drinks
#7. “Oh look, Booze” (if it is what you are drinking, booze counts all all drinks containing alcohol) Take a Drink, usually everyone
#8. If a Cat appears on Camera Everyone Takes a Drink
#9. If you share Too Much Information You Take 2 Drink

Suplimentary rules exist for individuals. IE If @rachel1975’s computer talks about football, she has to take a drink.

ooph … that could get … messy.

“stay out of trouble you crazy kids” – Winston Wolf

This is an amazophenomenal idea. Best reason I’ve seen yet to beef up my G+ account!

Ok you boozehounds, you have spelled out the rules but not the date and the time.

I’m down for any Saturday or Sunday.

Sent from my LS670 using Tapatalk

It’s been fridays at like 10 eastern the first two times

Oh, I’ll be thoroughly inebriated at 10pm ET, but I’m not planning on bringing the MacBook to the bar, so at around 10:45, I’ll defer to someone to bellow out, “OI! If you’re gonna be THAT kinda Vogon, you bedder be packin’ some KICK-ARSE poetry, dere, PAL, ‘coz I’m join’ ninja-karaoke on this place!”

I won’t be making tonight’s drunken meetup. I will be house sitting for a friend. A friend too cheap to get cable or internet service in her house. On second thought, maybe she is a frienemy?

So have a drink, or two, oh just drink the whole damn bottle for me tonight, ok?

Is the next G+ official hangout this Friday (9 Sept. 2011)?

It’s the actual monthly edition this week!

Headed to the package store tomorrow, just to prepare. Grab your fez.

Ok, sorry for my lack of update all. OK the schedual is as such:

The Monthly, Offical Drunken G+ hangout is the 2nd Friday of each month.
The next shall be on Friday Sep. 9, 2011.
The following one is on Oct 14th, 2011

All Drunken Hangouts begin at approx. 10PM EST (thats 7PM for us west coasties) feel free to start on your end earlier, or later.

Hope to see everyone there.

I HATE THE NEW FORUM JUST LOST A POST >_<

Last week I hosted a turntable.fm room before/during the hangout as a soundtrack and just pre-game in general. Had a blast hearing what music other people like and new music in general. If you’re my friend on facebook (facebook.com/shawn.morris) you have access to turntable, just gotta sign up!

Why don’t you believe me? :frowning: lol

Oh yeah, gotta have a big send-off for my bachelor’s pad!! :smiley:

Julie doesn’t believe foreigners! GASP

Lol, I just was double checking. I’m that kid who has to put everything on a calendar or it doesn’t happen. : ) I trust you… mostly ; )

Also, YAY! Send-off party, but sad that you’ll have a harder time attending the fun in the future. We need to find you a 24/7, alcohol-is-allowed, free wi-fi place so that you can still join the hangouts!

SHHHHHhhhhhh…

p.s. yeah, I just added these to my calendar… ha : )

Hey… why so undecided and only for some things? lol

That would be HEAVEN!!! I still can join but would have to be quieter and more passive.

YOU CITIZENCIST!!!