Mass Effect News!

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTTTTTTT?

OMGZ.

I was not expecting that AT ALL!!

Thanks, that one worked for me, and wow….be interesting to see how this goes.

More News on ME:2

According to Joystiq the game makers are warning not to deleted your original game saves. Not saying why but just saying don’t get rid of them.

BioWare community representatives are telling players not to delete their original Mass Effect saves, giving the impression that they will affect something in the recently announced sequel. Dropping a tiny nugget of information in the intergalactic freak-out (over the alleged death of hero Commander Shepard) taking place on the BioWare forums, no less than three employees have made sure to point out that players should not erase previous save files.

No further details about the game were mentioned, and this does not guarantee Shepard will survive to fight in the sequel. Worst case scenario: The game may use the save file information to show Shepard in a space coffin.

Also thanks to Kotakui found some early Concept Art for ME:2

The first one looks like a City wide planet. Perhaps a Courscant type planet. Which would be cool. An entire planet with no Mako. That would be fun.

This looks like a planet with debris from a space battle perhaps. Dunno. Still looks good.

I love Mass Effect’s art direction so much. Good find.

I would consider ME one of the greatest games of all time if the combat was tighter and the Mako was… well, not the Mako. It should be a flying craft of some kind, the thresher maws shouldn’t have insta-kill ability, and in general it should be as fun as a Hoth Snowspeeder to fly.

Other than that it scratched that unnatural itch BioWare takes care of, where the game is actually partly work but I love it.

I haven’t deleted my saves from my hard drive, although I have about 10 or 11 of them since I’ve played through the game 9 times already.

So you should almost be at level 60!! Congrats

I have one that I know for sure is at level 60 and a couple of others that are getting there. It takes forever to get that last level.

New Mass Effect 2 info from E3

http://kotaku.com/5256144/biowares-mass-effect-2-e3-prelude

dang and I thought my 6 times was a lot lol

I’ve done each save with just a little different choices, so hopefully I’ll be able to get the whole gambit of choices come next go round! :smiley:

though I only was evil for one play through, though, the character I played through twice is my 60 who was super nice :rolleyes:

I love the game so I keep replaying it and I’ve yet to play it the exact same way twice. I read an interview recently on some game site with Casey Hudson about ME2 and he said that playing ME2 will make you want to replay ME1 because your choices actually effect ME2 quite a bit. I have to admit though that I always end up choosing Liara in the romance storyline everytime now that I’ve done all the others once.

I’m replaying the game a third time, I’m still running into new stuff that I had not encountered before, even though I got to level 60 with my second character, and this is the first time that I’ve heard about a romance storyline. I also just found out about the achevement medals.

The game has WAY too much in it for just two playthroughs.

That was awesome. I cant wait to play it now. It seems like the worlds are much better developed adn look much more lived in. There seems to be a “Courscant” like city and it also kind looks like you might be able to “accidentally” kill civilians. I cant wait.

It took me my nine playthroughs to get all the achievements including the one for the DLC. I probably would have missed it if I wasn’t familiar with how Bioware games work. I haven’t played a single game from the guys at Bioware that didn’t have the romance storyline.Honestly I plan to play it a couple more times before ME2 comes out because there are still things I haven’t done in the game, I know there are some sidequests I haven’t done yet.

The Official XBox Magazine has a 10 page spread in the new issue on ME2 which includes a short interview with Casey Hudson and tidbits about what will be shown at E3 next week. It’s a good article and after reading it I was hyped up enough to play ME again. The info about the improvements made for ME2 was interesting especially in reference to the ending of the game because apparently they are doing an even more branching ending this time where it’s not just the last choice that determines the ending.

After this article I don’t see how any game next year is going to top ME 2, even FF XIII.

the only bad thing is the horrible wait!!!

True but hopefully it won’t be as long as the wait for ME1. I’m hoping they make the 1st Quarter 2010 projected release and since they’ve been working on the game pretty much since they finished ME1 and they will have playable demos at E3 that the game is closer to completion than we think. I’m not expecting it to be the end of this year like Gamestop is saying but I think 1st quarter is doable. At least we are getting an ME2, I’m still waiting for KOTOR 3 and the Old Republic MMO is not going to replace KOTOR 3 for me. I’m still waiting for the conclusion to Revan’s story.

KOTOR-MMO is KOTOR3, surprisingly enough. From what I understand of the way Bioware is approaching it, you have a sort of single-player story that overlaps with other people, complete with NPC companions and what-not. Not sure how much like KOTOR it’ll be, but the story will be there.

Not to mention you’ve got an overarching war story that supposedly they’re going to advance as the game goes on.

I wish I could cite sources but I can’t remember exactly were I picked up this stuff.

sigh

don’t remind me of the KOTOR MMO, I vowed myself off MMOs but I really really want to see how Revan’s story ends

if they release a book I might just go with that since I really don’t have time for MMOs anymore