Mass Effect 3 Spoilers thread

Figured we should have one of these.

Didn’t get much chance to play today, so I only got up to the tram station on Mars. Did get spoiled to a couple plot points by checking out the art book.

Was a bit worried during the first bit about Dr. Eva. The brief look we got at her at the first security station looked a bit like Miranda, and really don’t want to have to fight her.

Oh, and starting out with 59 points was awesome. Did end up switching this first character over to Infiltrator, because Sentinel is a class I’d rather save until later.

That’s all the farther I got last night. I’m playing a new FemShep in casual mode so I can get used to the game controls in the PC version. I did this with 1 and 2 and then I will import all my save games and play through them. I believe I have 7 characters to import right now!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

how did you get 59 points???

I imported a level 30 character from ME2. :wink:

MY GD xbox red ringed from hard drive failuer and I lost my saves when I got a new xbox. I am sooooo mad!

Your character starts at the same level they were at the end of ME2.

When Udina considers you a “self-concerned jackass”, you’ve got real problems.

Well, just finished exploring the new Normandy. It’s a lot darker now and seems more claustrophobic. Not really a fan of what they did with the Command deck, but when I talked to the shuttle pilot, his explanation of moving the armory down to deck 5 made sense.

It takes a lot of nerve for Liara to just co-opt Miranda’s quarters/office. Hopefully she’s going to want it back.

Oh, and I miss Ken and Gabby.

The memorial wall to people who died on the first Normandy was nice. Guessing if you lost any of the crew in ME2, their names would be on there too.

It’s updated when you lose people in ME3.

Am I interpreting what just happened right? EDI’s a squadmate?

Awesome.

ME3 is one big wet french kiss to ME1/ME2 completionists. You’ll run into practically everyone you ever met before or reminiscence about practically everyone that died earlier.

When importing an EvilFemShep, the wall is already half full! A second play through is already begging for importing a ParagonShep. It’s just no fun being evil anymore although I don’t disagree with the new game design. The urgency of the war appropriately sidelines being good or evil into irrelevancy - even ruthless characters and races from the old days fully realize everyone’s galactic predicament. The story is well written in that way. But with Mordin, Thane and Talia dead, good grief, the ship feels very empty.

If Mordin is dead, you get a salarian scientist surrogate from the original genophage science team - the voice actor is the same.

I’m just gonna call him not-Mordin.” - Joker :smiley:

At a minimum, Tricia Helfer’s face was laser scanned. You’re left to wonder about the rest of her. The proportions seem about right - minus the chrome breast augmentation.

OK, the little Kasumi mission with the indoctrinated cracked me up.

I haven’t even gone to two of the areas that just opened up and it already seems like we’re getting more of a sense of the scale of the Citadel than we did before.

Oh, and haven’t made it back to the Normandy yet, but I think I just got Ken and Gabby back. :slight_smile:

Well, it starts out about 1/3 of the way full for my mostly paragon playthrough. Including Ashley and XO “not Tigh” from when the SR-1 was destroyed.

I’ve seen Thane, but so far, he’s staying at the same hospital as Kaiden because of his disease moving into its final phases.

Based on your second comment, I wonder if Miranda’s dead, we see Oriana instead (maybe still voiced by Yvonne, using her “Sarah Walker” American accent). Of course, Miranda had more plot shielding in ME2 than any other squadmate, from what I understand.

I actually liked Jack a little bit in her mission. Big change from my opinion of her in ME2.

EDIT: Yay, Miranda!

Boo, she’s not joining my squad yet.

EDI and Miranda wasn’t the Chuck-based squad I was planning on, but seems more likely than Miranda & Kal’Reegar now. Longest shot for a Chuck squad is Aria & Kal’Reegar, even though I’m going to be doing some recruiting for Aria now.

In my first playthrough I imported a character that romanced Liara in ME1 and Tali in ME2. I took them both on a mission and there’s a little bit of catty conversation between the two. Tali is acting jealous and Liara is acting cooly superior. It’s kind of amusing.

First, she has to throw away that black and white saran wrap she’s been wearing since ME2 and take a bath. She seems so out of place still preoccupied with her sister, and that her sister might be in danger again. Wasn’t her loyalty missions some of the longest ones? Where’s the gratitude lady? With everyone else, Shep has to ask, “Hey, got any family on Earth?” “Oh yes, thanks for asking. I didn’t want to mention anything personal since THERE’S A WAR ON.” I’m thinking Miranda’s aloof detachment is mysteriously dictated by the plot though. I kid. She was great to have in a squad last game. Yes, I do have a save where I romanced her. :stuck_out_tongue:

Despite all the snarky internetsters crowing about Jersey Shore, James is a reliable squad member and the most unassuming character so far. A big improvement over ME2’s middling biotic Jacob who talked a lot and shot less. I’ve re-spec’ed him twice, given preference to his shotgun upgrades, and he’s now the highest DPS tank available on the Normandy. Since Krogans appear to be limited to cut-scene fighting only thus far. Whut? Tell me I don’t have to get through hard core without Wrex or Grunt!

Finishing Tuchanka tonight - woohoo multiple missions on the same planet. Now that’s evolved ME gaming. :slight_smile:

Damn, they really put some heartbreakers in this one. When you run the missions with the Quarians and the Geth fleet fighting, be prepared for “WTF? NOOOOOOO!”

She actually did change her outfit (no Cerberus logo any more), but I prefer the black outfit from after her loyalty mission in ME2.

Also, the fuel economy on the Normandy sucks balls.

Thane. T_T

Outlandish, terrifying, pulse pounding missions ahead. A favorite developer trick is to give you a flashlight in the dark mission to get your adrenaline going but wait to unleash the scary until re-emerging into the light. How the Reapers are indoctrinating each of the different races of the galaxy makes the zombie husks from ME1 and the gruesome giant “human juicer” ship from ME2 look tame. Obviously the devs took criticism over the silly looking ME2 final boss to heart and went all out H.R. Giger creepy scary! I’m not optimistic about continuing on hard core difficulty if I have to face all the different kinds of Reaper monsters at once in a fight. As it is, I’ve had to re-spec everyone for maximum armor, shields, close quarter melee, and worry about dealing optimum damage later. I mean, Liara and EDI are reduced to pistol whipping baddies (that’s why the pistol stun mod is in the game) when routinely being surrounded. Sometimes you just gotta run. The new autonomy of your squad mates moving around and attacking independently is generally good, but they don’t know when to fall back when overwhelmed by sprinting, leaping and teleporting baddies. The new Biotic blades aren’t for show. You have to learn how to use them reflexively. “Press F repeatedly to free yourself.”

Mass Effect 3: Nightmare (added on top of Shepard’s night terrors)

“THIS IS INSANE!” - Liara