Mass Effect 3 Spoilers thread

No kidding. Are the fuel depots only in certain systems? I had to stop last night before I could really check that out…

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Looks to me like the ones in the Reaper-occupied clusters have been destroyed, but you can find their debris by scanning. The system scanning is really annoying for me. There’s one system where there’s one thing left there, but I’ve scanned by all the planets without finding it (over a couple trips after the Reapers chased me off).

And agreed, fuel consumption does seem to be higher than in ME2. Plus, it looks like it didn’t carry over the fuel capacity upgrade I got then. That may not boost its War Asset value, but it’d still be helpful.

+1 on the Omni blade. I thought it was kinda cool at first but then I realized it’s almost a necessity. I’m thinking of changing the keybinding because I use it so much, and sometimes I keep hitting reload.

That definitely is the most annoying part of ME3 so far. I find myself making notes of where fuel depots are, and jumping back and forth to go through the scanning. When I get chased off I move to the next system. After every mission I’m going through the galaxy map looking… 100%… 100%… 77%, time to go back there. Then back to the fuel depot… I am glad the crack the safe minigames are gone. Those were annoying.

Oh, and I love the Mail Shot achievement. You have to kill 10 Guardians by shooting them through the little peephole in their shield. Glad I’m playing Infiltrator first time around, or I wouldn’t have even found out about it unless I looked through the achievements.

In the multiplayer demo, the only way I could take them down with my engineer was to pop a combat drone behind them to get them turned around.

Infiltrator is the best class, period lol. You made a wise decision

Best quote so far is from Grunt “I don’t need luck, I have ammo!”

DAMMIT! Jeebus, if you really get into this game they take you on an emotional roller coaster.

Yes they do. I got a little misty on Txuchanka. My next mission is to go meet up with the migrant fleet, and I’m scared of who else will die, and how many I can save. I didn’t see a possibility to save the first two losses I had. :frowning:

And since this thread has been marked for spoilers, I was pretty quick to shoot Udina, that prick. He was a dick in both ME1 and ME2, so being able to put a bullet in him was satisfying. I’m still wondering why Anderson is not the Council member he used to be…

To solo with, sure. But soloing is less of a contribution in multiplayer. I’ve seen too many silver and gold challenges with an Infiltrator as the sole survivor while the other three wait around until he is overwhelmed. The class lacks a suppression skill set other than to head shot baddies as quickly as possible. And its weak offensively against armor. It’s kinda hard to just outright purchase the Black Widow in the campaign too. The Infiltrator needs the least support but has perhaps the most difficulty in providing support to others. Cloaking is great for safely reviving squaddies but its a purely defensive act - which is why so often Infiltrators are the sole survivors. They need time to set up shots and expending cloak on reviving squaddies impairs that process. It will be interesting to see how multiplayer tactics evolve in the long term.

For thinning out armies quickly, the Vanguard performs that role faster. Just check the scores. Yet even this is not a catch all solution for winning matches.

Every class has its place in ME3.

I’ve played probably 10 matches in retail MP and 30-40 in demo MP. As an infiltrator I’m first 95% of the time. It’s definitely not weak against armor with any decent sniper rifle, even the Mantis will take down a Brute in 3 shots. And yeah occasionally I have to broad shoulder the team, grab the last couple objectives and then finish the round but that speaks to the strength of the Infiltrator not the weakness. Plus I provide support by killing enemies before they kill my team mates. =P

Yes, it is. I wasted 3 trips to one system to scan and run and scan and run and go back to find less fuel than it took me to find the wreckage in the first place.

Javik’s a bit of a d-bag. Understandable considering what he’s been through, I suppose.

Javik is an honorary Krogan imo

Wow. For a second there, I thought I had to choose between saving the Rachni Queen and saving Grunt. Didn’t expect him to make it out of there.

And this was a side mission. Damn, some tough choices ahead.

That’s what I thought too, I almost started over. The body count in this game is depressing.
I just lost Miranda, and I’m not sure if I could have changed it.

I saved her but I’ve lost 4 other ME2 characters =/

Holy frak. Yeah, I’ve been avoiding the main plot missions. Haven’t even done Tuchanka yet.

It’s good to know she can be saved, but it’s probably at the expense of someone else.
This game is full of hard choices.

It looks like when you go to assault the Illusive Man’s base, you’re locked into the end game. Be ready.