Maintenance Complete - August 2011

Random question: Why is there so much empty space between the last line of a post and the start of a signature? Is that adjustable?

Replying as a test to see if it is…

Ok, in the reply window (where you type your stuff) in the lower right hand corner you see in the corner and icon for drag to resize. Drag up to make the reply window smaller. There will still be a gap but you can make it smaller than the default.

Let me try that. EDIT: Works better but still too big empty space.

Ok. I see that now, but it’s already smallest by default.

Lemme see what happens when I don’t include my signature…

Looks like the bottom of the post is dependent on the size of your avatar and whether you include twitter, skype, etc., information rather than the content of the post itself. ):

Edit: I stand corrected, we lost our twitter information below our avatar. ):

Edit edit: And there’s still a bunch of blank space ater the last line of your post regardless… ):

Really like the new layout and graphics. I like the light background feels cleaner. I like clean.

I notice on the Safari browser on my phone that when viewing a listing of posts (like after clicking ‘new’) the ‘Created by’ line of text in the thread name is a larger font than the actual subject title. It seems less apparent in Firefox on my desktop. It makes it difficult to read.

“Hi, everyone. Havin’ a good time, are ya? I love DuLoc, first of all. Very clean.” – Shrek

me likey :slight_smile:

I am also in the adjustment period, but overall like the change. What I am excited about is playing with all the new features we get with this forum upgrade. I’m not sure that is clear to everyone, this wasn’t a forum redesign, it was a MAJOR upgrade.

Stepping into the new forum

Hmmm, the Gutter never felt so good.

I looked back over some posts and if I used a light color for text (e.g. “my favorite” LemonChiffon) it is lost against the white background.

It appears you went to a bunch of trouble to silence me. Point taken. I keed. I keed.

Is there a way to run a script and change all the LemonChiffon to Black or sumthin’

On the toolbar at the very bottom of the main page, there are no links to the Blog or the Store. But there is a link to the Forum…which is where we already are. Maybe this could be changed? I know that there’s prolly lots of stuff to be tweeked yet after the upgrade, thot I’d just point this out for possible tweeking after the dust settles.

hmm… if your system us new enough, especially when you use newer Windows (XP or newer) or any other POXIS based OS, those common characters should be viewable. The only reason why you can’t see those with UTF-8 setting might be because you don’t have the fonts for them. If you use Windows, there is a font called Microsoft Jheng Hei (http://www.microsoft.com/typography/fonts/family.aspx?FID=368), get a copy and you should be good to go.

If you are not using Windows, there are plenty of open source fonts, such as wqy-zenhei (http://wenq.org/enindex.cgi?ZenHei(en))

I hope it’s a simple font issue, otherwise we might need more info on your setup to know what’s going on.

Chiming in on the 'bots love (not to be confused with love bots)!
What’s going on with that intriguing li’l guy top rt though? So small on my monitor I can’t make it out.

I was going to suggest we name them. Then thought, maybe Sean already has. Sean?
If not, after looking at their chest-plates I’m suggesting GWCy (pronounced Juicy) and Neb (for nebula) for the fun little forum droids. Don’t have anything (except maybe Audra II, apologies Audra and Little Shop) for the sexy header-bot. And I guess Jr, or Nano or something for Tiny up there.

Anyway, I for one am enjoying the new GWC the White. Seriously. Thanks for all the work guys.

if we are naming the robots, i suggest “Seanscream” for one of them.

You also may need to turn on East Asian Language support. Here is a walkthrough.

Totally agree. If it wasn’t for her I wouldn’t be watching them. I think Korea is probably the best in this area. There is nothing else quite like a Rainie Drama and even though I get frustrated with the repetitive plot I always feel good after watching her. Maybe it’s her smile? :slight_smile:

Windows XP

On the Windows Start menu, point to Control Panel, and then click Date, Time, Language, and Regional Options.
Click the Regional and Language Options icon, and then click the Languages tab.
In the Supplemental languages support box, check the box for Install East Asian Languages.
Click Apply and OK. 

it’s been a while since i used Windows so i forgot those are there.

what that does, mostly is installing the fonts for you.

Love the Robots ! I like the new look.
Still getting used to the changes, but I’m finding the white background’s making my eyes blur.

Gamer tags & Twitter names no longer appear?

Thanks Uchi! That worked. Also on that page there is a link with a more detailed walk-through here.

恭喜 (pin-yin: gong-xi3, pronounced approximate: gong-si), it means congrats.