Maintenance Complete - August 2011

Hello all,

Thanks for your patience today as we migrated the forums to vBulletin 4. You may notice a large number of changes to the layout and color scheme, but for the most part, everything is in the same place as before. The recent downtime also allowed us to fix the problem with non-latin characters.

If you have any problems, please contact me at juan (at) galacticwatercooler (dot) com.

Thanks!

What do I click to see newest unread post instead of last post under subscriptions?

NVM. It appeared after a new post was made. Sorry.

Nice, same colors as my Eve alliance forums.

Great Job guys. Love the new style.
It’s like we have a new house for the GWC family :slight_smile:

Hrm. Some GREAT improvements (video button yay!) but I DO NOT LIKE the light background. Also the quotes are weird now.

Why does it point at me? How often does someone quote themselves? This seems confusing.

Agreed on the light background.

yeah, i find like back ground harder to read…

Yeah, I really feel guilty about complaining. But I so loved to white text on black background. It made GWC unique and speciial. Oh well. I’m sure I’ll adjust.

yeeeeeeeeeeah gonna have to agree with you there

might as well do a little test…

測試測試一二三

awesome, Unicode support is back

The new forum looks pretty clean and crisp. Yeah, it’ll take a bit to get used to, but no biggie.

LOVE the GWC ROBOT art !!! :smiley: That your handiwork, Sean?

The white is a little harder on the eyes, but that may have something to do with it being very early in the morning. It looks great though, we’ll get used to it. I guess I need to re-do my avatar. That’s what I get for being lazy and not doing a proper transparency first time around

I also find it way too bright. Otherwise the new design looks great!

Test Two:

刚看了海派甜心。 楊丞琳是我的 Summer Glau.

i fell in love with Rainie Yang since Meteor Garden, the first time she had a short hair cut. I knew she’d become very popular at some point. Now she’s sporting a short hair cut again, she looks amazing.

but yeah… i still have trouble stomaching Taiwanese (and actually most other Asian) idol-soaps… beside the better cameras, the camera work and editing is stuck in the 80s, the writing is formulaic and forced and the acting… oh… the acting… At least Rainie Yang delivers great acting.

Nice job, Juan. I’m also in the “this is too light” camp. I hope you bring back the comfy darkness in a skin at some point.

I only see little boxes with numbers/letters in them. :frowning: How do I fix that in FireFox? I have Character Encoding at Universal and UTF-8…

I love the robot art too! Shirt please!!!

Great job with the update Juan, Chuck and Sean! Not really crazy about the white background though…but I’ll get used to it.

Yep, the robots is me :slight_smile:

Also, the new forum may look clean but I find I’m having trouble adjusting to it like many of you. But the least amount of visual tweeking went into the forum style and more the function of it and what it susports. I suspect we will be doing much more with it in terms of looks in the coming weeks. But that’s just a guess.

Like the new look - lot easier for my eyes to read dark letters on light ground. Good work.