LOST Finale Discussion (Spoilers)

That’s too bad. It was a great show and a great ride. The acting performances and storyline were superb. You should give it another look. It’s no doubt there are plenty of questions and mystery but that is part of the fun. We, as fans, can postulate all we want about what happened or what it was all about. There is no definite response. There is a certain beauty and frustration to that.

My suggestion, give it a try. You might enjoy it.

I’m inexplicably reminded of the following Onion story:

http://www.theonion.com/articles/area-man-constantly-mentioning-he-doesnt-own-a-tel,429/

:wink:

How Lost should have ended:

bwahahahahahahaha That was perfect!

Dude…

I did give it a try. I made it part way through season 2. Pirate ships in the jungle are cool, but mostly I was bored. I was hoping the ‘mystery’ would be engaging, maybe the overhype set my expectations too high. But anyway I didnt want to derail the thread. :cool:

LOL. Ive met that guy, hes a douche.

I can’t look away. I’ve been giggling at that all morning. When the dog snort crashes giggle into the rachelsnort wall burst into laughter

sweet!!

Baltar

I’m looking forward to seeing that extra footage. My prediction: They travel through time and space on their island, visiting different countries and historical periods and trying the various fried chicken recipes they encounter in search of the perfect recipe.

Well, when Ben Linus isn’t busy killing prostitutes, at least.

Ben Linus is Jack the Ripper! :eek:

I knew it.

Yeah, I’m kinda with ya. I only started watching it because my wife enjoys the show. There’s some great moments here and there. But it’s pretty manipulative in dragging you to the next mystery. And the characters kept me interested. But, like you, I’m keeping my thots to a minimum cuz I don’t want to derail this thread.

Makes sense, doesn’t it?

Nah, Jack the Ripper is Christopher Heyerdahl.:stuck_out_tongue:

Just watched it Friday night. Generally speaking, I’m a fan of everybody-together-again endings. But this one just leaves me thinking about Rushmore.

I know the answer ultimate lies in execution, but what’s better/worse: Lost, with answers? Or Battlestar, with unresolved questions?

Well, I feel pretty satisfied with the finale. It didn’t answer all my questions of course but I really liked. I do feel I’ve got to see it several more times…

Gotta say I always thought they all died in the plane crash.
What a fun, exciting, smart series. Very well done. I have loved every minute of it.

I need to rewatch it too! I especially want to rewatch the last season to see if there’s anything I missed in the sideways story that could’ve tipped us off that they were dead…in a “Sixth Sense” sort of way (which I never went back and rewatched funnily enough.)

Nothingbuttherain, you do realize they didn’t die in the plane crash right?

I was watching the enhanced version of “The End” the other day and I noticed that they called the man in black the embodiment of evil. I didn’t see him as that way. I didn’t like the douche but I didn’t see him as the embodiment of evil. I don’t think he gave a crap about anything except leaving the island and that made him the embodiment of… egotism?

They had previously called him evil incarnate on the show so it’s not really a new thing. When we watched across the sea I felt sorry for him and felt a lot more sympathy for him than for Jacob. But I think we have to distinguish between MIB before he was smokey and afterwards. The MIB we saw in Across the Sea was before Smokey. Jacob said that he was responsible for making MIB what he was today, like he changed him. I think when he turned into smokey he lost his soul. And that when they refer to MIB as evil incarnate, it’s the MIB that is smokey and not the MIB we saw in Across the Sea.

And even if it’s Smokey MIB, it was still purely on Jacob’s word that he’s evil incarnate and will destroy the world once he leaves the island (the stupid win bottle analogy). I definitely agree that Pre Smokey MIB wasn’t evil incarnate (just a dude with mommy issues, rightfully so given his fake mother is a murderer of his real mom!), but how do we even know if Smokey MIB was? Sure he killed a ton of people on the island- but it seems tied down to his one purpose - to leave the island. I mean, he doesn’t really come across as someone who wants to kill everyone and rule the earth or something, even as Smokey. For all we know, Smokey just wants to hang out at a mall and have a nice meal at Panda Express after he leaves the island. :smiley:

So yep, while I found the ending emotionally satisfying, the whole ‘MIB is the DEVIL’ stuff really irked me (on top of many other plot stuff that either went all religiousy or not addressed at all, or are purely there as red herrings). But this one was a biggy. No explanations, just - oh he fell into the sparkly water and now he’s EVIL!

So because he “might” not ever hurt anyone else it’s okay that he murdered a bunch of people? As long as he was only trying to get off the Island it’s okay that he did it with malice and showed absolutely no remorse of any kind? Smokey was rage and revenge and hate all rolled up into one package. It was clear to me, especially after Across the Sea, that Smokey was evil - because there was a huge difference between The Man in Black before he bacame Smokey, and after. Before - yes he killed his mother but it was out of sadness and betrayal - and he clearly wanted Jacob to forgive him which means he still cared about his brother. As Smokey - he never showed even a shred of actual decency. Everything he said or did was to manipulate others into doing what he wanted. Every emotion was feigned.