Life is teh suck today because (a.ka. the official B_tch & Moan thread)

Feel free to post your random thoughts on what’s pissing you off or making you sad in this thread.

My five-year-old woke me up an hour before I was even going to think about getting up, to tell me she barfed. Indeed she did–in her bed, on her carpet and in the bathroom sink. Ugh.

well, getting to the bathroom at least shows good instincts. one of my kids last year threw up in her backpack and didn’t tell me. I heard about it the next day from her none-too-happy mom

I am building a conference table at work today and i was applying a coat of polyunsaturate when I dropped the can. Luckily it landed flat on its bottom but unluckily it splashed out a bunch of poly all over the place including my face. Not as bad as your kid barfing considering part of my face is now water proof but not fun to run around a table trying to spread out a bunch of splots on already drying poly.

Must. not. laugh. Must. not. laugh.

hee-hee.

:smiley:

This is my last week of my vacation. I am also a bit sick. I wonder if there is a connection?

Yesterday I was out running and got stung by a bee in the ankle. Woke up this morning to massive itching, swelling, and generalized -mild-allergic reaction including sore throat and random tongue pains. It’s my day off and I had a massive mountain bike ride planned (which I’ll probably still do, but will now probably bonk during) but will not be able to indulge in my post-epic-ride-hard-pretzel-fest…I know, lame, but I don’t have any kids so it can only get so bad :wink:

I’ve actually had a good Monday! On my way to the garage, I noticed an owl in the tree next to the garage. I was able to get out my camera and take a snap of it! I’ll try to get it uploaded somewhere tonight so I can share!!!

Edit: Ok - here’s where it’s at! http://www.flickr.com/photos/23701312@N06/2732476051/

O.M.G. I’ll give both my kids the credit that they have much better sense than that. (I think.)

Unfortunately, I think the barfing is related to the frequent nosebleeds my daughter has been having because we’re now [TMI WARNING] barfing up blood. Eww. Eww. Ewwwwww. So, off to the doctor we go to find out what the cause of the nosebleeds is. That’s two trips to the doc today. (My son had a well-visit with two shots–oh joy!–this morning.)

Hey, one thing this thread proves is that we can at least laugh at ourselves…or maybe laugh at each other.

If it helps at all the bee died for it.

Absolutely. It is an important ability to laugh at oneself or be able to inject levity into a serious situation. I would only amend that last part of your statement to laughing with each other, because in the end what more do we have than those we chose to spend time with?

Solai you are getting all Yoda on us. :wink:

Ha. Not at all, just steering a thread towards a positive outcome.

See thats what you get for exercising. If you stayed in side like a good geek thins like this wouldnt happen

Actually, I’m just wasting time until the Thrawn Trilogy comes in the mail later today (that i’ve been tracking all weekend - it just left Boise and is heading towards Hailey).

Ok good. AS long as you will be spending a good amount of Inside time i wont be worried. We don’t want us geeks to get to physically fit. Then what would the jocks to once we became stronger and more fit the them. Ohh wait its been done

Enter Chess Boxing
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chess_boxing

Probably… anecdotally, at least. :slight_smile: When I get sick, it’s on vacations and weekends. It’s part of being a work-a-holic…

My water heater blew today. :frowning: There is water everywhere and I have to spend the next few days dealing with the mess.

definitely teh suck. I’ve gotten sick every winter break since college.

Oh man, I dealt with that a few years ago. You have my sympathy.