Lego Star Wars

Lego Star Wars

I know….

I know….

It’s a kiddy game. Still, anyone who is a star wars fan should check it out. The game is very easy but it has so many funny satirical moments, that it’s worth checking out. Or if you’re like me and a huge Lego and star wars fan (despite being 27) then you will definitely have a blast with this game.

Example? I would love to hear some of them!

Sure, keep in mind that this is for the original trilogy game. Now there is a game pack that has episodes 1-6, so there is no better time than now to check it out.

Let’s see……

Cool Lego star wars moments,

• The plans to the death star are on a cd that Leia tosses into R2-D2 like he is a trash can.
  • Fighting off hoards of storm troopers while building an AT-AT walker out of Lego bricks, then proceeding to stomp the crap out of said storm troopers.
  • The respirator sound of darth Vader matched with the Lego version is hilarious
  • Darth Vader explaining to Luke that he is his father without any voice, just thought bubbles. Then proceeding to cut off Luke’s hand-Lego style.
  • Building a lawn tractor out of Lego bricks then crashing into the swamp on Dagobah, as Luke, with Yoda strapped to his back.
  • Playing as Vader and force choking the other Lego characters till their head pops off.
  • Maliciously killing all the Jawas
  • Chewy strapping destroyed Lego version of C3-PO to his back
  • Han Solo strutting around when you play as him
  • Overall, just seeing all these classic star wars moments acted out by Lego characters is funny.
  • Really, the game mocks just about every “classic” moment from the original trilogy.
    As I’ve said before I come from a military background. When this game came out I ran to the local PX to get it. I had camo all over my face and stank like craaaap seeing as how I had just gotten done with a long field problem. The girl at the register was having a conniption about the game.”Oh, I can’t believe anyone would buy this…” look lady just sell me the fracking game, I believe I said. I get emotional when Lego and star wars are combined in the same package; its a good combination I think.

LMAO! I wish there were video.

The game is very highly rated by gamers, if that helps.

I prefer to think of games like this as “Family Friendly” as opposed to kiddie. Kiddie would be like Dora’s Jungle Adventure and Sing-along. This is just a fun game that doesn’t have to resort to sex or blood and guts to have a great time.

I haven’t gotten the new version just yet, but I can’t wait to play it (I’ve got/played both the others, but I’ll still get this one).

I love how if you take Lando up to Leia and try to hit her, he will instead grab her hand and kiss it while she gives him a “harumph!”. And instead of punching the bad guys, Leia will slap them. Just great little touches like that.

That counter lady has no idea what she’s talking about. LEGO Star Wars is just great and I cant wait to get my copy this weekend.

I haven’t gotten the newest one, but I plan on getting it once I can finally track down a Wii. The games are very tounge in cheek and they’re just a fun platformer. I also love how Lando does kung fu and Chewie pulls stormtrooper’s arms out of their sockets (along with popping sound effect).

I also can’t wait for LEGO Indy to come out next summer. The trailer looks good and it’s being done by the same people, so it’s bound to be good.

I happen to own lego star wars 2. It rocks. just play it and you will see. plus for playstation it is 20 dollars at target. It is well worth it.

this is what Star Wars+Lego looks like

I’ve got both games for XBox, and they’ve kept my kids and I, OK, sometimes just I, occupied for hours. OK, I alot. Mostly I, actually.

OK, the kids are not allowed to touch MY Star Wars Lego games unless daddy says so. And then, only maybe. It depends.

Both games are fun and really good-hearted though, with enough to keep an adult interested, and chuckling to oneself regularly.

So, I popped in my Lego Star Wars Universe into my Xbox 360 last night not knowing what to expect. I was immediately surprised that there wasn’t a tutorial, you are basicially thrown right into the game. Against my better judgement I decided if I am going to do this I am going to go in numerical (not Lucas) order and start with Phantom Menace.

The controls are fairly straightforward, but I have a hard time believing that this is a kiddie game as there are some fairly intricate things you need to do. In the end I give this a thumbs up after completing the first scene. I am finding it strangely endearing and enjoyable. Once I figured out I didn’t have to manipulate every force flagged object to get more and more lego pieces and I could concentrate on getting the job done the game started flying.

Any tips for a relative newbie?

I second this. Try playing the PC version. I tried for a 1/2 hour to figure out how to do stuff and I got annoyed and stopped and went back to Mass Effect and blew some stuff up. :slight_smile:

That makes it sound like sex isn’t a good thing??

Anyway, I’ve played both Lego Star Wars and Lego Indiana Jones and even though they’re fun and I like the kind of satirical take on the original material, they both lost their appeal very quickly. The gameplay feels like one of those old jump’n’run games (Commander Keen, anyone?) in an arcade mode. There’s just not enough of a challenge for me.

Yay! I’m glad you’re trying it out, LEGO Star Wars is perhaps my favorite game evah.

I don’t know about tips, but I like playing it straight through and then going back and playing through freeplay. I’m also somewhat obsessive about collecting the LEGO pieces (habit I guess) so I can buy all the extra characters (it’s fun to play as Anakin’s Ghost, lol!). There are a bunch of little jokes strewn about that are fun. So yeah, no tips, just run with it an enjoy it. And be prepared to share with lil’ Solai when she’s a bit bigger!

We must have very different tastes in games, as I can play, and re-play, and re-play LEGO and love it just as much.

I think this is part of what I find endearing. It reminds me of games from my childhood.

Thanks Cas!

What is the purpose of re-play? I played for an hour on the first scene, so I assume I can walk through again and try and unlock a few doors I didn’t get to/didn’t have access to?

And I can buy other characters? Wha?

Yeah, with the LEGO pieces you can buy characters that you can’t get access to just by playing through. It’s in the Cantina (I assume the set-up for XBOX is the same as PS2 or Wii, but I don’t know, it might not be), where it tells you what percentage of the game you’ve completed.

When you re-play, you can switch to different characters, each class of which can do certain things. There are some places that only jar jar can jump, or you need a sith to force certain things, or only a bounty hunter can enter, etc. If you have the characters unlocked and purchased, you can get to different areas and whatnot with them. Replaying through the story can be kind of hard for me since I forget that I don’t have all the characters and abilities at my disposal :wink:

When you buy a new character do you always have access to it, like a new coat in the closet? Meaning, I drop X gold to get Jar Jar and use him. When I am done do I get to swap him out for someone else and then go back to him later?

Sorry to be such a n00b. :wink:

If you haven’t sauntered with Leia yet, do so immediately. Just push the analog forward only a wee bit. Watch and enjoy.

My daughter loves that. It cracks me up. She’ll only play as the female characters. She plays Jabba’s Palace over and over just so Slave Leia can kick arse. She’ll punch a Gamorrean guard and then saunter, punch another and repeat. Hilarious.

If you own a 360 and haven’t picked this game up yet, it will be available as one of the games on demand through XBox Live once the new live update comes out next week. On a side note the update is pretty sweet simply for the avatar store alone and the other updates are pretty nice as well.