Lego Star Wars

Any tips for a relative newbie?

Play it on co-op with a buddy, its way more fun that way, and easier.

For each class of character (‘good’ Jedi, ‘bad’ Jedi, bounty hunter, storm trooper, smaller person, etc), you get at least one when playing in freeplay, and you can toggle between the different characters (they aren’t all there at the same time like a huge gang walking around, you go from being for example Shaak Ti to droid to stormtrooper to Darth Maul to Leia to Padme etc etc) so you have all of the different skills available to you. However, you only get to choose one (or 2, if you’re playing 2 player) and the system fills the rest of the slots in. So you’ll always have the skills available, but if you want Han instead of Captain Panaka, unless you choose Han as your player you have no control over it.

ps no problem! I love LEGO and it’s one of the few games I feel competent to talk about lol

It seems that the strategy should be to get through the levels as fast as possible in order to replay it with the whole cast of characters as you will never have all the right people to get into specific sections. Yes?

You got it. To get the really fun characters you have to build up some cash, though.

So there are characters you get by virtue of getting to a certain level and their are additional characters you only can get by purchase? Who is a favorite purchase and why?

Well my little brother likes the Jedi ghosts (especially Yoda) because they’re invisible and nobody attacks them. I frown upon that. I mean, what’s the point?

There are a lot of FAQs online. Some walkthroughs, too, if you don’t like figuring things out for yourself.

Lego Star Wars II is way better than LSW, IMHO. It’s got some great beat-the-clock action.

Hm. Yes, definitely different tastes.

As for Solai’s question - I think the only way you can get Sith characters is by buying them. I’m also a fan of the ghosts (the idea is just fun), and of some of the Jedi characters (seriously, <3 Shaak Ti).

Yeah, in a way I can see that, but then again if we compared eg Commander Keen to Lego Star Wars, you had to actually make a big effort in Keen not to die more than only a couple of times or you had to start over again and your surroundings in the game were much more threatening, the fire-breathing slugs and the bubbling rubber skull thingies were really a threat whereas in LEGO Star Wars, they just dumpload pile after pile of Stormtroopers upon you and it can never really stop you, it might take you some (in my mind tedious) time to fight them off, but it’s not a real threat. Know what I mean?

Oh, I dunno. I like punching random characters in the cantina and watching a brawl break out because of it - all without being seen.

And there’s quite a bit of video out there, you just have to know the exact episode/chapter you are looking for. For example, this is hands down one of my favorite funny takes on a great scene, Darth Vader Un-masked (skip to about 4:50 if you don’t want to watch the gameplay):

//youtu.be/ZF5CFmOYxsY

It’s real! It’s all real!

http://shop.lego.com/Product/?p=10179

Ok…I’ve finished my first pass. Played all the chapters in all the episodes.

Woot

Now I am going to pop it in between other games I am playing to Freeplay it again and find all the cool stuff.

I have over a mil in the bank now and I think the only character type I don’t have are the ghost characters. Are they simply fun to have or are they required? They are frakking expensive.

Any thots before I begin my walkthrough to collect all the loot? Has anyone else done this?

It’s been awhile since I’ve played with the ghosts, but I don’t recall if they have specific things that only they can do.

If you want more lego pieces to buy more stuff, if you destroy the chairs, “force” the light fixtures, etc between chapters you can accumulate a lot of lego pieces. I find it quite satisfying… but I really enjoy games that involve finding and accumulating things, so that might just be me :wink:

Any thots before I begin my walkthrough to collect all the loot? Has anyone else done this?

I would save up and buy invincibility and enable it before trying to get “True Jedi” status on the levels. Most of the time there are just enough Lego studs to get it, and if you die too often, you will not be able to get it. With invincibility its just a matter of finding them all.

To answer from before, my favorite character is Jango Fett. Twin blasters, thermal detonators, jet pack, and rocket launcher. (If you purchase and enable bounty hunter rockets.)

If I remember you can use the ghosts to get through a level without getting killed and more importantly you do not lose any money with them. I do think that their attacks are weaker though.

[video=youtube_share;Sz0H3PHxeRU]http://youtu.be/Sz0H3PHxeRU[/video]
I didn’t know where to dump this at. I think here will do.