Legacy

I’m liking it!

Thoughts? Opinions?

Bueller?

As you might imagine, I’m a big fan. Did you like #24? Seems like Cade is as good at bringing s#!$ down on his homeys as anyone I’ve seen…

Hey buddy

Agreed–I like how they are making him borderline Sith. Really like the Idea of Imperial Knights too - shows how the Jedi teachings spread beyond the council.

haave you read any Legacy of the Force books? Interesting to see how the familiar characters are ending up

I’m up to the third graphic novel. I agree this series kicks ass. Cade is my kind of Skywalker.

David check out my EU novel list. You want to at least get the NJO series under your belt before tackling the Legacy Books. Otherwise some things won’t make sense. I haven’t had a chance to read them. Chuck’s SW exuberance is bringing me back from the darkside of my fandom. So I think I’ll finish off the NJO and start on Legacy.

Cade is almost an “alternate universe” version of KOTR’s Zayne Carrick. While Carrick’s pretty much a good guy forced to learn how to deal with real (read: non-Jedi) people – and learn some actual loyalty in the process, Cade is sorta the opposite: a rat bastard that’s learning to be a good guy.

The cool part: both situations totally work.

Read the NJO series, even the earlier ones with Jacen and Jaina as kids atthe Academy–which makes the Legacy books all the more powerful

Think the NJO series was a little long tho

in-frakkin-deed

lloking forward to the nwe Jedi outpost

Also very cool to see a Skywalker not follow in the footsteps of predecesors. Just flat out “Im not a leader” and walk away from it.

And Morgan Corrde…how can you have a mom like that and NOT be a badass (sorry barb)

I didn’t know they came out with the 3rd Legacy graphic novel. I really like Cade. He’s not all goody-goody and he’s the mutha-frakkin’ man (he needs to have BMF engraved on his lightsaber). As for the Legacy novels, at first, I didn’t really like the ending, however I loved the Mandalorian plotline (which by the way has the first gay relationship in Star Wars). But, then I started thinking about the whole point of the story (no spoilers here) and that’s where I came up with my idea about the necessity of the Sith to keep the Jedi in order (hee-hee).

I think the best novel by far that deals with Jacen Solo is NJO novel Traitor by Matthew Stover. He’s also the genius behind the Episode III novelization (honestly, Episode III makes MUCH more sense if you’ve read Stover’s novel). Stover does a good job of blurring the lines between light and dark.

I said I’m up to the third volume. It hasn’t come out yet.

Mathew Stover’s take on the SW universe is amazing. If you haven’t already read Shatterpoint, do so. He makes Mace Windu look like a pimp as he walks the fine line between Light/Dark side.

Traitor is my second fav. NJO book next to Star by Star. Nyax was a trip to imagine. Then in the end, it was awesome to this Prequel/NJO movie playing in my head with the senate.

The EP.3 novel rocked. I thought it was cool how Labyrinth of Evil, Ep.3, and the Darth Vader book immediately after all played out like an unofficial trilogy.

I read the first volume of Legacy. I thought it was pretty good. Some of the Sith are wicked cool.( Darth Nihl)

In general most Sith are pretty bad assidness

You’d think they woulda figured out that Darth Krayt was from Tattooine just by the name. I mean…DUH!

I still love the whole turn of the Sith being the ones that are holding the peace of the galaxy. That just makes the entire story worth while right there. Then you factor Cade into it and it’s just seriously bad ash!

Wasn’t Krayt also a former Sandperson?

Yuppers! Krayt was/is A’Sharad Hett who was a Sand Person, became a Jedi and then went back to being a Sand Person then became a Sith. He actually had some amusing run ins with Anakin Skywalker and they both taught each other a few things. But apparently not quite enough.

seeee Chuck–Sandpeople do more than kill the local village folk

for the big Krayt fight…

…what say you???

All three(Dark Times is coming back evenetually though but uh…something Clones Wars is taking it’s place for the time being but hasn’t been released yet) series going on right now are pretty wicked. Legacy and KoTOR are the tops thougb

Just finished the third trade paperback of this series. I would love, love LOVE to see Legacy adapted to a film. What a ripping yarn! The politics in the first arc are what Phantom Menace should have been. Very exciting, shady behind the scenes stuff which effectively carries the sense of moral ambiguity to ALL characters involved (even Darth Krayt sometimes seems sympathetic). I am simply in love with this story. May have to hunt down the regular series…

Look Like Star wars Legacy is coming to an end at issue 50…about two months or so away