Legacy

sob I’ve been so upset since Jan Durseema broke the news. My husband’ll be happy, though, since it means one less title I’m picking up. (I… have a problem >_> )

Fingers crossed that they keep Ostrander on at least one Star Wars title.

Good news is that John Jackson Miller (guy who wrote the KotOR comic) is working on a new one that will be released this fall–Knight Errant. Female protagonist, a generation before Darth Bane, and I tend to like JJM’s comic stuff.

I suppose I can dream that Jan Duursema will do an issue or two.

I’m excited to see both the comic and the novel he’s writing involving the same characters. I’ve loved his comic work, so seeing a novel from him will be great.

And on the Duursema front, it appears that she is doing another SW project with John Ostrander, as hinted at by Dark Horse editor Randy Stradley here. The future looks a little brighter for Star Wars comics.

(thanks to I09) - creators Ostrander and Duursema promise a miniseries that’ll end the series in style… and maybe kill off tons of characters.

The miniseries will be called Star Wars: Legacy — War, which is a somewhat clunky title, but so we’re delighted that we won’t be left hanging that we don’t really care. Says writer John Ostrander:

““Legacy-War” stands alone. I’m making no guarantees that anyone will survive the end of it. That’s usually hype, but readers should take that very very seriously. Could there be a successor? Depends on sales, response, and Dark Horse’s plans. However, Jan and I are taking all the stops out in this story. There are no plans for anything “Legacy” after this. That’s how we’re creating it.”

…I haz a sad :frowning:

I really need to continue this series after I’ve taken a break at about #20.

So how are you guys liking it so far?