Laputa: Castle in the Sky 2/13 @ 6 PM ET/3 PM PT

Saturday, February 13th, 2010
6 PM ET/3 PM PT

Calculate for your time zone here.

Laputa: Castle in the Sky
Tenku no Shiro Rapyuta / Castle in the Sky

In this children’s anime adventure, young miner Pazu and mysterious girl Sheeta (who wears a magic pendant around her neck) team up to find the long-lost island of Laputa, which is rumored to have great riches and gems. Accompanied by a band of bumbling air pirates led by the quick-tempered Ma Dola, Paza and Sheeta are pursued by government agents who want the riches of Laputa for themselves. Includes some special features.

Available from Netflix

If you can’t get it in time and want to join in you can find it here. Thanks to Uchiha Daisuke for the link.

Part one of today’s Miyazaki Double Feature Frak.

that’s a fraking classic. the music to this rings in my ears all the time.

Woohoo!

I doubt I can join in the frak party (Chinese New Year day, y’all!), so enjoy! Can’t wait to see what part 2’s movie is. I’d nominate Nausicaa, or (not strictkly Miyazaki, but his fellow colleague or something at Ghibli) Grave of the Fireflies.

Something totally random and unrelated to the story that’s etched into my mind from this movie is those peach pantaloons.

Oops about new year.

Part 2 is Nausicaa. These are both in the wrong sub forum (my mistake), but I’ve requested them to be moved.
http://forum.galacticwatercooler.com/showthread.php?t=9952

I totally agree. I love the Trumpet piece he plays when he wakes up and greets the day. And i HATE trumpets

I’m here. Starting at :15.

que’d up and ready to go! I am at the Studio Ghibli Splashscreen… This is gonna be good.:smiley:

Think it’ll be just us again?

It’s a 125 minutes… We are going to be cutting it close before Nausicaa.:stuck_out_tongue:

Others sounded interested… we’ll see.

Pirates with pink pants?

Sorry. I’m here. Soggy pizza slices were giving me trouble.

Meh…

Miyazaki

I would have fell over with her.

I wouldn’t mind waking up every morning to this tune.

Potzu,… what a dumbass…

Why am I not suprised Potzu has a hard head…

I’m used to seeing “Pazu.”

The picture was taken from Pandora!!

Such scary Pirates!:smiley: