Kevin Smith's View-Askew arc.

The trinity’s mention of re-watching the view-askew movies brought to mind the idea of a view-askew arc. Plenty of references to geek culture to keep us entertained and talk about.

i’m in. i’m so in, it’s like “wow, he’s really in.”

IYKWIM? :slight_smile:

And thirded, BTW.

i’m in

Baltar

Rainbow Baltar! :smiley:

oh man, i’ve never been IYKWIM’ed before! this is so exciting, i’m all aflutter!
:smiley:

I think that makes you an official member of the forum. IYKWIM…

Yeah, it’s lame. I suck. No, I don’t know what you mean.

Glad I could be your first. Tell your friends. :slight_smile:

This idea is da bomb yo! Ocean’s doesn’t even hold a candle to any of the Kevin Smith movies. I say the best movies for the podcast would be Clerks, Dogma and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back. Snootch to the Nooch! :smiley:

That is so cool! Lady D, may I steal your rainbow baltar?

no! it’s mine, do you hear? MINE!!! :smiley:

(steal away)

Not a fan of mallrats or Clerks 2, I take it? Mallrats got a lot of craaap when it came out, and while not his best, it is really not bad.

no way can we exclude Chasing Amy. personally, i could do without Dogma (Jay is an annoying one-note joke rather than an actual character, and the rest of it just feels flat to me) but i know that’s not a popular opinion. and Mallrats has Jason Lee’s very first starring role, and is worth inclusion for that reason alone.

All Kevin Smith is good. IMO These are just the ones I think have the best material and the most relevance to GWC.

Chasing Army- Vader is a white man speech and Bodi’s wit.

Mallrats- Stan Lee (you can’t pass that up)

Clerks 2- Star Wars VS. Lord of the Rings

don’t forget Mallrats’ in-depth discussions of superhero coitus. “what about Reed Richards, is his whole body super-stretchy? and the Thing, is his dork made of orange rock like the rest of his body?”

This completely falls on my “I’m down with it in a big way but wonder if the audience will take it” list. Clerks is gold, as is Dogma. And Mallrats is classic. But Chasing Amy has to be my favorite.

A funny note: Every time I run into someone named Caitlin, I think, “you know, like the chick that banged the dead dude in the bathroom.” Thankfully, I’ve stopped saying it. No one gets it, and it just makes me look like a crude bastard.

my only real concern is that due to the themes and language, we may need to consider having clean and explicit versions of the 'cast available for this arc. Kevin Smith’s movies wreak havoc on your vocabulary. regardless, i think we can be reasonably sure that we would even listen to youse guys farting on your microphones, if you managed to do it with as much insight and good humor as you normally bring to the podcast.

Plus we’ve all known a Rick Darris at one point in our lives.

I’m sure the trinity know how to keep a lid on the lang. and everything. All this talk about View-Askew got me check out view-askew.com. I noticed that Kevin Smith has a pod cast. If you want to hear an expletive filled podcast then give this smodcast a listen. I listened to the latest episode today and it’s kind of entertaining. Basically it’s KS sitting around talking about old times with his friend. I couldn’t stop laughing at the end when they were talking about the creepy comic book store owner.

very true, but discussing these movies is so much more satisfying when you use the View Askew vernacular.

All this talk about View-Askew got me check out view-askew.com. I noticed that Kevin Smith has a pod cast. If you want to hear an expletive filled podcast then give this smodcast a listen. I listened to the latest episode today and it’s kind of entertaining. Basically it’s KS sitting around talking about old times with his friend. I couldn’t stop laughing at the end when they were talking about the creepy comic book store owner.

that sounds marvelous. i’ll check it out, thanks for the heads-up.