Joss Whedon's: Dr. Horrible's Sing-Along Blog

ROFL!!! you crack me up!! smart alec :slight_smile:

i need to take a moment to pause and appreciate the genius that is joss whedon…i’m listening to the opening song from act 2 for the whatevereth time and for some reason was just struck by how completely profound this song is…dr is singing about the sound of hearts breaking and dreams being shattered cause he’s lost the girl of his dreams and the future seems bleak and hopeless for him without love and then penny thinks she has found love and sees good everywhere while dr horrible is singing hear that breaking sound she’s singing keep it safe and sound…i’m in awe of the way the lyrics are opposites and parallels…this strange dichotemy of what having love in your life and someone to care about colors the way you see the world as opposed to how it’s seen having lost love…could i LOVE joss whedon more?? is it just me?? :slight_smile:

oh…and i like that bad horse is his ringtone lol

Misandry

pike meesa love you!! i KNEW this word HAD to exist…it shouldn’t make me happy to know that word, but it does! :slight_smile:

now i’m curious to know how many people are as familiar with that word as they are mysogynist? :slight_smile:

also i thought it interesting that “andros” means man…all i could think of was that sounds a lot like “anders”…

I love how silly the show is, even down to the little details like the picture of Penny that Doc has that he obviously took while hiding behind a tree. I LOL every time Moist talks about his date with Bait and Switch, thinking he should end up with Bait. Every smarmy (skeevy?)smirk from Capt Hammerpants. Moist trying unsuccessfully to open a jelly jar (he should really know better). Genius!

Questions…

Will the Captain use his hammer to nail Penny?
Can Doc really get into the ELoE without bloodshed?
Will he shed blood?
What does Bad Horse look like? (btw, the Thoroughbred of Sin=Best. Nickname. Ever.)

Tune in tonight folks. It’s not like we’ll be missing any BSG.

werd!!! also ~ capn’ HAMMER PANTS??? love it!!! toally laughed out loud!! :slight_smile:

yeh…i been bouncin this word around in my brain and i’m not happy with it cause it DOES sound like i hate anders and I LOVE anders :frowning:

I totally agree with you livia, the first song of Act 2 is so great. Penny has indeed found love, but it’s not with the man she thinks she’s in love with.

“So, how is ‘Cheesy on the Outside?’”

There’s a lot of really nice cinematic touches, too. Like the swing around the giant chair that works exactly opposite the lyrics. I’m just watching this over and over.

Actually, it sounds like you miss him.

Does anyone else has a feeling that Penny might hide something… evil-y? That would make for a very Joss-y plot twist.

It would be, but I wonder if Felicia could pull it off. I’ve never seen her do anything very far from her role here so far. (Did she get all badass (S.B.) in Buffy or anything?)

is it miss and ree or my zan dree or mizz and ree?? but you’re very clever…i totally got what you were going for and i do miss anders arms very much…think i’ll head to the boobs and baltar thread for a bit…

and it took me awhile to get the whole “like pie” reference lol crust ~ yummy filling ~ crust!! CRUST is the third deeper level that’s just like the first!! and i love his subliminal “go with your instincts”

like her alter evil persona is bait and switch??? :rolleyes:

Huh. It’d make a lot of sense if she was Bait.

So I’m rewatching Dr. Horrible Acts I & II (on iTunes) and I just got home from seeing The Dark Knight (10 am showing).

These two works are so far apart in the spectrum of superhero entertainment that I’m worried that my head might explode! Yet, both Dr. Horrible and TDK are in their own way some of the best entertainment (not just sci-fi) I have seen in many years. I’m 42, so I’ve seen plenty of good stuff out there.

It seems as though summer 2008 finally gave sci fi fans really good stuff: BSG, Iron Man, TDK, and Dr. Horrible.

As an aside, my wife didn’t get it, but my 2-year-old son heard me singing “A man’s gotta do what a man’s gotta do” and insisted that he see Act I. He loved it! We had to play the last song at least five times before Mommy thought that was enough for the night. I now play Act I and/or Act II as background music to whatever I’m doing on the computer. I’m breaking into song at odd moments. I love this!

soooooooooooooooooo true!

I just finished Act 1… hilarious! On to act 2…

wait…are you saying that bait and switch are two different people? like twins maybe? i thought it was one girl…

OK Act 2 is even funnier. And now I get the hammer joke, LOL! When Cptn Hammer said, and these (my fists) aren’t my hammers I was like, IYKWIM… and then he just had to come back. So funny.

I also really liked “See you at the Aftermath! Peace! But not literally”

I assumed they were the two that Moist and Conflict Diamond were double dating, but you could read it either way.

BTW, did everyone notice Dr. H. spying on Penny and Cappy in the soup kitchen?

yeh!! i actually had to watch for where he trades places with the real soup nazi :slight_smile: